port a game to psp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ActionHenk

port a game to psp

Post by ActionHenk »

hello i want to port a game for myself to the psp called dune II you know that very old pc game

not in lua but but the normal code

i know absolutely nothing about psp programming but i program a lot of other stuff like drummachines, synthesizers

where should i begin first i have the time and motivation for now :) maybe not tomorrow when i find out what a hell it is but will see
RanDom_ErrOr

Post by RanDom_ErrOr »

google.

or barnes and noble, grab yourself a copy of books like C++ for dummies & C for dummies.

no ofense, but in all honesty, this is a development forum. if you want help with general programming, or learning how to program, atleast do some ground work before posting "uhhrr... i know teh nothing, where do i go, what do i learn..."

some example languages you might want to learn (just to help with syntax, programming efficiency, and just general messing around) would be BASIC, Visual Baisc, Delphi (or PASCAL if anyone remembers this from along time ago) (or hell even FORTRAN [honestly, dont waste your time here, this is a dead language]). (this is about the easiest way to program in the world.)

of course, from there move on to C / C++ / C# / .NET etc... also JAVA/JavaScript and HTML / CSS / PHP (these can be nice to figure out a few things) can be nice ways to learn if you just want to learn some more net based ideas..

also use the search feature in the future... HOW TO PROGRAM FOR PSP TUTORIAL is a nice thing to search for.

honestly, if you expect to port a game (which is a HUGE undertaking) do alot of research and dont think its going to be as simple as 1.2.3.

sorry for the rude awakening/post, but its for your own benefit.