c++ question

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Hale

c++ question

Post by Hale »

Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi

I'm psyched about learning to code w/ my psp an I've completed a couple of yeldarb's tutorials,( http://www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/tutorials ) but his are in C and LUA and while I intend to later familiarize myself with these languages, I've got a pretty good foundation with C++ at the moment and would prefer using that for my first original programs.

Now, I've set up cygwin, updated it, installed the psp toolchain and all the preliminary stuff as well as compiled a few programs by following allong w/ the tutorials, but at this point, I'd like to swtich over to C++. HOW EXACTLY should I do this? Is there anything I need to change or include within the makefile or headings of my source?
PeterM

Post by PeterM »

You really need to learn programming on a PC before going for the PSP. Otherwise you're letting yourself in for lots of pain and late nights.

Try googling for "C++ FAQ Lite", "Thinking in C++" to learn C++.
Hale

Post by Hale »

Granted I'm still an ameture, but I know the basic ins and outs of C++ already as well as most of the early concepts. I've compiled about 40 original (and pretty useless) programs for the pc via the programming course at my collge which was a breeze.

my questions were more directed at the process of compiling for the psp, using cygwin. I guess I should just experiment w/ it to find out.

Thanks for the links though.
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

just include this in your makefile

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
LIBS = -lstdc++

make sure -lstdc++ is after all your pspsdk libs
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
Hale

Post by Hale »

thanks =) I'll try making something right now.