how can I run a program in the background of the OS?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

chameleon_789

how can I run a program in the background of the OS?

Post by chameleon_789 »

Hi guys...

I'm pretty new to programming for the PSP and in general bla bla bla I'm sure you heard it 100 times before.. I did a search on this but I couldn't find anything useful (I don't really know the right terminology).

what I want to do is modify PSP-FTPD to run as a background thread (in fact the perfect solution would be to add a choice in the program to exit but keep running in the background).. basically what I want to know is : is it possible, is it hard to pull off, will it still register keypresses, and, how do I do it :D
JesusXP

Post by JesusXP »

Probably Possible, probably moderately difficult, and if its running in the background, you would have to code it to register keypresses appropriately... Your description of what you intend for it to do, is pretty vague (with respect to the purpose).

Try reading up on writing Daemon's in C/C++, that's pretty much what you want to do. Create a Daemon(LINUX), or Process (WIN)... in C, or C++... but than again, What do I know :S.
pipspsp

Post by pipspsp »

its easy
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=irshell

you can edit the mp3 prx source code to with the source from the ftp.

this is easier because the hard part is done. All you have to do is turn the ftp thing into a prx.