Buying PSP: Best to look for 1.5 firmware?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

lokust

Buying PSP: Best to look for 1.5 firmware?

Post by lokust »

Hey,

I am thinking about buying a PSP and definatley want to develope for it. Would it be best to find one with 1.5 firmware, or should I be ok with 2.0+ using the GTA hack? It seems solid, but since I have no experience I would like to hear from some others.

Thanks!
moonlight

Re: Buying PSP: Best to look for 1.5 firmware?

Post by moonlight »

lokust wrote:Hey,

I am thinking about buying a PSP and definatley want to develope for it. Would it be best to find one with 1.5 firmware, or should I be ok with 2.0+ using the GTA hack? It seems solid, but since I have no experience I would like to hear from some others.

Thanks!
If you are really interested in developing, don't hesitate and get a 1.50 (or a downgradable 1.51-2.00), or a 1.00 (those are rares nowadays).

Even if fanjita is doing a great job, the native support of loading elf's will be always better. Also, you'll have probably more free memory. And well, you also have the beautiful kernel mode where you can play with the internals of the firmware :)
lokust

Post by lokust »

moonlight wrote:Even if fanjita is doing a great job, the native support of loading elf's will be always better. Also, you'll have probably more free memory. And well, you also have the beautiful kernel mode where you can play with the internals of the firmware :)
^^ You are referring to 1.0, 1.5, and downgradable 1.56-2.0 kernels here?

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

lokust wrote:
moonlight wrote:Even if fanjita is doing a great job, the native support of loading elf's will be always better. Also, you'll have probably more free memory. And well, you also have the beautiful kernel mode where you can play with the internals of the firmware :)
^^ You are referring to 1.0, 1.5, and downgradable 1.56-2.0 kernels here?

Sorry for my misunderstanding.
Yes.
lokust

Post by lokust »

Thanks for the info moonlight. Guess I will start my hunt ;)