Compiling and Running Nightmare.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

samlucas

Compiling and Running Nightmare.

Post by samlucas »

Hey,

Just started some development using the GTA exploit. Currently I am coding, compiling, copying the homebrew to my PSP v2.6 using the standard PSP USB Connection, loading up GTA, loading eloader, rescanning, and then running my homebrew. Performing all these steps each time I want to test my code is very time consuming. Is there another way to copy my EBOOT.PBP to the PSP without leaving the eLoader and restarting GTA, or some other way to test my code (an emulator I may have missed)?

B.T.W. Nice work everyone on the SDK and the eLoader. Very much appreciated.
"You can't do biology with beer cans."
-John R. Searle
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Search for PSPLink on the forums and try with that. It greatly helps the testing process.
AnonymousTipster

Post by AnonymousTipster »

Isn't PSPLink 1.0/1.5 only?
I think the best way to do it would be to recompile the eLoader/menu with USB drivers installed. Not sure where the source might be though.
Another way would be to have a program like FileAssistant that has USB support, and put that in the eLoader, so you can go into FA, activate USB, quit back to eLoader and then run the program, this should cut out the GTA boot process.
samlucas

Post by samlucas »

Just looked at them both and they need kernel mode to work. Ill keep researching and see what I come up with. If there is anyone out there developing on a PSP v2.01+ who could share any tips or tricks the help would be much appreciated.
"You can't do biology with beer cans."
-John R. Searle