Problems after updating cygwin/pspsdk

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jason867

Problems after updating cygwin/pspsdk

Post by jason867 »

Hello everyone, long time no see!

I just updated my cygwin installation, and I updated the pspsdk part of the most recent toolchain (20060120 I believe)

But now the bash shell puts out this error when I try to compile
: command not found

Owner@Pavilion1200 ~
$ cd ../../usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/My_Homebrew/TestProgram

Owner@Pavilion1200 /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/My_Homebrew/TestProgram
$ make
/psp/sdk/lib/build.mak: No such file or directory
/psp/sdk/lib/build.mak'. Stop.t `/usr/local/pspdev

Owner@Pavilion1200 /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/My_Homebrew/TestProgram
$
I've looked for this file in the cygwin directory listed, and it is there. Any clue what's going on?
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website for my PSP Homebrew!
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

More than likely your paths aren't set or are set incorrectly in your cygwin.bat file.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

would the updateing even touch that file?

Here's the contents of that file
@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin

bash --login -i
And I have a laptop that I installed cygwin/pspsdk into (which means it's the same up to date version as my pc) and it's cygwin.bat file shows the exact same thing as above, and it compiles and works fine...
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Well, somehow I fixed it.

I looked into my .bashrc file, and under the pspdev export paths section, there was 3 different export path lines. I had copied them there from an earlier installation of pspsdk. However, this website, http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:programming_faq
only listed one export path line (it was updated I am assuming). So I tried deleting all my old lines and copying the new line from the website. That made everything work, however, whenever I started up the bash shell, it would spit out several ": command not found" lines before showing the prompt. But after that it would work fine...

That just bugged me, so I tried one thing that I thought might work, before completely reinstalling my cygwin installation. I deleted my home/(username) directory. Just the username directory, not home itself.

I started up the bash shell again and it went through it's initial setup process, creating the directory and it's files I had just deleted. I re-copied the export path line from the website into my new .bashrc file, saved. And started up bash shell once again.

There were no more ": command not found" lines
and it compiled fine, and seems to work just fine now.

So anyways make of that what you will, and thanks anyway "insert_witty_name" for your help.