PSPSDK ERRORS!!!!!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

RetroGamer

PSPSDK ERRORS!!!!!

Post by RetroGamer »

Hi all! I have been using the PSPSDK with CYGWIN for a while now. I had some trouble with it in the past, so I deleted CYGWIN along with the PSPSDK so I could reinstall it. The PSPSDK has some problems in it though. Whenever I build a project, it looks for the build.mak file to build the EBOOT from the elf file under C:\pspdev\bin. That was where I had xorloser's PSPDEV for Windows installed as well (I had them both on my computer at the same time). I deleted that, and reinstalled CYGWIN from scratch. After reinstalling CYGWIN and installing the PSPSDK to CYGWIN, I got this many errors like this when building the gcc end of the PSPSDK:

16 [main] ? (2496) c:\pspdev\bin\psp-ranlib.exe: *** fatal error - proc magic mismatch detected - 0x704D1F7E/0xC87757A7.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should* reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive where you have installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also a suggestion if you are unable to find the another cygwin DLL.

There are more error messages exactly like the one above with the exception that the psp-ranlib.exe is replaced by a different executable, the (2496) is a different number, and the hex string is a different value.
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Did you try:

This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should* reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive where you have installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also a suggestion if you are unable to find the another cygwin DLL.
RetroGamer

Post by RetroGamer »

I did try that, and it fixed that problem, but then it now says 'bash: /bin/find: No such file of directory'. I know it is needed to update the toolchain script because whenever I use the './toochain.sh -p' command, it says that the 'find' cannot be found resulting in a faliure to build the PSPSDK.
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Install find
RetroGamer

Post by RetroGamer »

How do I install find?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Run the cygwin installer and select the "findutils" package
RetroGamer

Post by RetroGamer »

I compiled the PSPSDK and I got this error now:

"
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk'
cd . && /bin/sh /tmp/pspdev/pspsdk/missing --run autoheader
autoheader-2.60: cannot remove /tmp/ahNhI964: Directory not empty
make: *** [config.h.in] Error 1
ERROR BUILDING PSPSDK
"

Then I tried to build a simply PSP App and this error message came out:

"
make: psp-config: Command not found
Makefile:12: /lib/build.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/lib/build.mak'. Stop.
"
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Sounds like your cygwin is still not quite set up right... not sure exactly how to fix it, but maybe it would help to start clean and try following one of the guides out there.
RetroGamer

Post by RetroGamer »

Thank you for the help. I found the problem, I had a bunch of old cygwin1.dll's installed on my computer along with accompaning programs that need it. I deleted them and added the newest version of cygwin1.dll to the directories. It works for now. I did have more problems with the PSPSDK installation not working, then I deleted the pspdev folder under C:\cygwin/usr/local and installed xorloser's pre-compiled PSPSDK, and it worked! I built a demo project, it compiled correctly, installed LTE Studios' 3D Game Engine v2.0e and compiled the examples flawlessly as well under cygwin! The only problem is that when I tried to patch cygwin to run under Visual Studio. I have gotten it to work before (I had the PSPSDK and cygwin installed and working great previously until something got messed up I had to reinstall everything), but I won't work now. When I followed Ramsus's example for patching Visual Studio, I got this message:

"
/bin/bash: line 0: cd: /cygdrive/c/Program: No such file or directory
make: psp-config: Command not found
Makefile:12: /lib/build.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/lib/build.mak'. Stop.
"

I am not sure what the problem is. I followed the instructions perfectly like the first time when I got it to work.