Does the PSP Support?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

reefbarman

Does the PSP Support?

Post by reefbarman »

Does the psp have anyway to power it on from off or standby through code?? also how hard would it be to edit the battery icon in the xmb so it shows percentage of battery left?
Bytrix

Post by Bytrix »

I don't think there is a way to come back from standby through code (and definitely not from full powered down state), I think it works the same way hibernation does on a PC, so all memory is saved but there is no code being executed so no way to run code to resume.

As for the second, I don't know about editing the battery icon itself but you can add your own overlay to the screen at the side of the icon or under it pretty easily.
adavidm

Post by adavidm »

Bytrix wrote:I don't think there is a way to come back from standby through code (and definitely not from full powered down state), I think it works the same way hibernation does on a PC, so all memory is saved but there is no code being executed so no way to run code to resume.
I thought the PSP wakes itself from sleep to download scheduled podcasts?

adavidm
reefbarman

Post by reefbarman »

adavidm wrote:
Bytrix wrote:I don't think there is a way to come back from standby through code (and definitely not from full powered down state), I think it works the same way hibernation does on a PC, so all memory is saved but there is no code being executed so no way to run code to resume.
I thought the PSP wakes itself from sleep to download scheduled podcasts?

adavidm
is this so, i might have to see if it does can this be confirmed, cause i would really love their to be a way