USB Digital TV tuner to PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Wally

USB Digital TV tuner to PSP

Post by Wally »

I was wondering if this project could happen as there are converters (mini A to standard USB) for the PSP usb port and we have USBhostfs as well.

Plugging in the tuner to the converter then to the PSP and having a program t read digital signals and let us watch TV.

This would prove useful for those whom are in trains / cars w/e.

Just a thought.

Wally
Bytrix

Post by Bytrix »

I think it's probably possible. But as with our recent attempts to stream video from PSP to PC, the connection might just not be fast enough... But I really don't see the point, the PSP will have to be plugged in to your PC anyway, which no doubt has a much nicer, larger screen. Therefore it wouldn't be of any use to people in trains and cars?
emcp

Post by emcp »

no i think he means into a pc tuner or just a tuner (e.g) you can buy usb tuners for your pc to watch tv on them hes asking if you could instead of pluggin the tuner into a pc if you can plug it into a psp

(i think it could be possible but i think it would also envolve on hacking the tuner to work with different software than the one provided )

but this is exactly my question how much can you do with the usb on the psp
Bytrix

Post by Bytrix »

Ah right.. I see. Still, that sounds even harder to do. If it were even possible the likelyhood is the developer who works on such a project would only be able to make it compatible with their own USB device. (so it would be incompatible with any other USB TV tuners).

But seeing as the PSP can not act as a USB host I'm guessing this is almost impossible.