Adding functionality into the bios cross bar?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

subbie

Adding functionality into the bios cross bar?

Post by subbie »

Sorry if this is known or asked before but I have been wondering. Has anybody hacked a way to posibly add new items into the psp bios crossbar menu? Personaly I think this might be a good extension to add onto the psp. So esentualy someone can build extensions and support to launch an internal app when an item is select.

To give a better explination (sorry for my choice but it gets my idea accross the best).
Say one would build an icon extensions for emulators (much like there is one for movies & pictures). This would give a list of all their roms/games and when you select the file, it boots into a overlaying emulator much like how the psp runs movies or music.

I know someone made a pong game that runs in the menu and can execute over any piece of software, so that probably fits half of my question.

Personaly I think this would be nice and can extend the main menu cross bar.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Well, it would be possible, but would require alot of reverse engineering... A pong overlay is one thing, but adding bits to the code in order to draw another item is a totally different ball game.

Cloudy
:)