PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

SSJChar wrote:ok. this is what vlc spit out:

Code: Select all

..snip..
Looks like the playlist parts of that were ok ... you still have "vlc_playlist" as the last videopath item in your pmp.ini right?
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

mojojojo wrote:
SSJChar wrote:ok. this is what vlc spit out:

..snip..
Looks like the playlist parts of that were ok ... you still have "vlc_playlist" as the last videopath item in your pmp.ini right?
yes i do. maybe my encoding settings in the pmp.ini file are wrong. ah well, i'll just wait.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

jockyw2001 wrote:There is another Dbox/Dreambox channel zap issue besides the delay between the channelchange url and the stream url. I hope to solve that in the next week.
Solved:)

Create a playlist (dbox.m3u) like this one:

#EXTM3U 
#EXTINF:-1, CHANNELNAME1
zw:http://dbox/control/system?setAViAExtPlayBack=spts|1|http://dbox/control/zapto?channel_id1|1|http://dbox:31339/0,pmt,vpid,apid
#EXTINF:-1, CHANNELNAME2
zw:http://dbox/control/system?setAViAExtPlayBack=spts|1|http://dbox/control/zapto?channel_id2|1|http://dbox:31339/0,pmt,vpid,apid
Each channel entry does the following: switch dbox to SPTS, wait 1 sec., zap to channel, wait 1 sec., start the stream with the correct values for pmt, vpid and apid.

To find the channel_ids open a browser and do:
http://dbox/control/channellist
(replace dbox by the ip of your dbox)

To find the stream url with the correct values for pmt, vpid and apid, zap to the channel and enter this in your browser:
http://dbox/control/build_live_url

It work fine with the VLC version "vlc-0.8.6a-psp-x264-wait-win32.exe" and "pmpvlc009_mojojojo_mod_alpha7.zip" for which you find download links in the first post.

The videopath in my pmp.ini is:

videopath1	= pl:d:\Movies\dbox.m3u;
videopath2	= vlc_playlist;
videopath3	= ;
videopath4	= ;
videopath5	= ;
It works for me with both the 3.xOE and the 1.50 PMPVLC versions and my Dbox runs Neutrino (but afaik Enigma should work as well)
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JAwiz

Post by JAwiz »

Yo! I cant get it too work! its a great app. but i just simple get that 00:00:00 on vlc
but i found out that if u put a - in the beginning of the code in the target

for exapmle
-:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=384,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=10.0.0.3:1234}}

u can watch the stream on VLC but i still cant play on psp, working all night! STILL cant get it to work! PLEASE HELP bro!

EDIT: Ok! I have got this far that i can get the wifi light to flash and stuff! But when i play live stream it says unkown format? Why?
leolaw

Post by leolaw »

Hi everyone, I am a newbie using the pmp vlc, and i seem to run into a little problem right at the beginning....
I " copy the PMP VLC binaries to your PSP (/PSP/GAME/PMPVLC009_JockyW and PMPVLC009_JockyW%)" as told by the Readme file. And I also copy the VLC Enable.avi file onto the memory stick under /root/PSP/VIDEO . My psp immediately crashed after I: 1) Open PMP VLC 2) press [SELECT] 3) click Video .... is this a bug?

And may some tell me an overview of how the VLC (just streaming video, not TV from the capture card) works with the PMP VLC? I am able to connect the PSP to the network in PMP VLC, but I am quite lost when I am reading the README-PMPVLC player, so may somebody help me?

Here is my pmp.ini:

# Net Io Config
[net]
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.168.1.45;
vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.168.1.45;
pmp_port = 3333;

debug = 1;

videopath1 = d:\Movies\;
videopath2 = m:\Movies\;
videopath3 = ;
videopath4 = ;
videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = c:\Music\;
musicpath2 = ;
musicpath3 = ;
musicpath4 = ;
musicpath5 = ;

dvd_drive = g:

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz = 360;
res_vert = 272;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw = 1;

#vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
#vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

vid_bitrate = 800;
vid_fps = 25;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate = 64;
aud_channels = 2;

# resampling is not required on VLC server, it's just for experimenting
resample = 0;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

#container = ogg;
container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.168.1.45;
liveport = 1234;

I basically leave everything untouched with the exception of the IP address

Anything comments/suggestion would help a lot! Thanks
:)
Phanto

Post by Phanto »

SSJChar wrote:ok, i'm back trying to get pmp vlc to work. after not getting it to work with a fresh version of vlc on mutliple computers and trying different psp's, i just quit and decided to wait some to see if anyone else had similar problems or if there was going to be an update. anyways, after reading cocco's reply, i tried the pl: thing(i put pl:C:\A;). vlc said it couldn't find some txt file and i remembered that cocco said some files are missing in mojojojo's alpha5, so i downloaded the zip that mojojojo linked to and it now doesn't have that one problem. i still don't see the files, but it seems like vlc does but at the end it gets some errors. i'll just post the last few lines that vlc splits out since thats where the errors occur.
"many many lines of stuff
mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:128
main debug: adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug: duplicated a new stream codec=mpga (es=1 group=0)
stream_out_duplicate debug: - failed for output 0
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mpga)
packetizer_mpeg4video warning: waiting for VOL
packetizer_mpeg4video warning: waiting for VOL
main debug: adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug: duplicated a new stream codec=mp4v (es=0 group=0)
stream_out_duplicate debug: - failed for output 0
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mp4v)"
i then get a "psp/video is empty" message on my psp. i only have 2 files in the C:\A folder, both avi files and both under 55 megs. vlc can play them too. if you guys want, i can post up all the lines that vlc spits out but its a tad long.

Sorry for the late reply, but it took me several attempts to be able to register. Anyway, your previous issue with mojojojo's alpha 5 was that you are using capital letters for your drive letters, C: instead of c:.

I believe your problem now is that you do not have something in your PSP/VIDEO directory. Even an empty file should suffice.
anilkuj

Hi

Post by anilkuj »

Hi jockyw2001

Thnx for this gr8 application , thisis just awesome!!.

i finally got PSP connected to my network after all the struggle , just realised that PSP my refuses to connect with WEP encryption , i am using the Rev4 .My PSP only connects if i remove encryption , am i missing anything here?

btw i have a 3.03 OE-C Custom FW and run your app with 1.5 kernel i tried with 3.03 kernel it doesnt seem to work .

For now i just got the audio working no video yet , will try and see if i am missing anything , in the meanwhile any help with these issues is appreciated.

Thnx once again jockyw2001
for this wonderful app .

ANil
mojojojo

Re: Hi

Post by mojojojo »

anilkuj wrote:Hi jockyw2001

Thnx for this gr8 application , thisis just awesome!!.

i finally got PSP connected to my network after all the struggle , just realised that PSP my refuses to connect with WEP encryption , i am using the Rev4 .My PSP only connects if i remove encryption , am i missing anything here?

btw i have a 3.03 OE-C Custom FW and run your app with 1.5 kernel i tried with 3.03 kernel it doesnt seem to work .

For now i just got the audio working no video yet , will try and see if i am missing anything , in the meanwhile any help with these issues is appreciated.

Thnx once again jockyw2001
for this wonderful app .

ANil
Jocky made an OE version of Rev4 that works in the 3.XX kernel directly.

That might help you.

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... =wpa#51639
jockyw2001 wrote:Here is Rev4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares so should support WPA enabled WLAN ...

This test version currently only supports AVC hardware decoding, so your pmp.ini must have use_avc_hw = 1

binary: PMPVLC009_OE_Rev4-test-binaries.zip (Rev.4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 3.x mode)
Your Download-Link: http://www.fx-world.org/download/jockyw ... naries.zip

Just unzip and copy the directory PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW to the GAME directory on your PSP

Enjoy,
JockyW
anilkuj

Post by anilkuj »

Thnx mojojo will try the WPA/WEP encryption and 3.03 kernel version out .

In the meanwhile I got the live stream working and also the DVD stream . the DVD stream is just amazing the video quality is just mind blowing :)

thnx to JockyW and mojojo for the scripts.

the only issue i have now is with the video streaming i keep getting unkown format error.

Thnx mojojojo & JockyW
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

Hi guys

i really really want to get this app
working so i can watch channels
from tvu player on my psp...

ive tried my best to follow all the
complicated (;)) instructions...
but to no avail....:(

I load the channel on TVU Player,
go to the vlc player, put in the code
etc...

i see the time in the bottom left, but,
it says on zeros :|

and then i get the following error:

ip is concealed ;)
I go to the pmp player on the psp
but when i press the 'R' shoulder
button i got to connection state 3 of 4
and it would stay there

then i found another version for the custom
firmware (which i have) so i dloaded
it and tried all again...same problem :|
this time i recieved this error:

wifi init error
n1hinit returns $2
please check network settings

which i cannot make any sense of :O

i tried pressing select and going to
live stream, but i recieve an error
saying unable to run file....or
something along those lines.. :(

i kept tinkering with reandom settings
with the ports, con etc.. then i tried again

this time when i clicked on live stream
it started loading then went to a black
screen; where it seemed to have frozen:|

Please help guys, ive spent many many
hours trying to get this working, and its
fustrating when ive seen people getting
this to work easily :O

My interent connection on psp
appears to be fine... i can browse
net etc...

i tested connection and all is fine :)

I hope i have given a comprehensive
overview of my situation and circumstance
and i hope one of you experts can give a
novice some help.

This is my dream app and my eyes gleamed
when i recentl came across it

so i hope i can get it to work

regards

Ifor
Last edited by Iforaneye on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpaL

I'm an idiot...

Post by EpaL »

I know this is going to sound really dumb, but can someone please tell me where I can find VLC-ENABLE.avi? I've look through all of the distributions listed on the first place (including source distros) but I can't find it anywhere.

Am I totally blind?
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

hey mate

download from here: http://psp.console-tribe.com/downloads. ... ad&id=1501

*by doing so you accept there license*

that is the whole package you should need...

look in the VLC folder for the VLC_ENABLE.AVI file..

hope this helps

regards

ifor
mojojojo

Re: I'm an idiot...

Post by mojojojo »

EpaL wrote:I know this is going to sound really dumb, but can someone please tell me where I can find VLC-ENABLE.avi? I've look through all of the distributions listed on the first place (including source distros) but I can't find it anywhere.

Am I totally blind?
It comes with older versions of PMPVLC

Playing that from the memory stick is only useful as a test now.

I wouldn't bother with it and would stick to a clean build of the newest version.
anilkuj

Post by anilkuj »

Hi Mojojojo

I did try the OE version and things seem to be fine except that my PMP VLC connects to network only if its unsecured , the moment i turn on WEP it hangs at connection 3 of 4 and i have to hard boot my PSP to go any further . i cant keep WPA on my router since my Nokia N80 connects only when WEP security is set.

Also whenever i play a video file i get the unkown format error , excpet for these 2 issues everything else seems to work gr8 for me.

Thnx in advance.

Anil
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

anilkuj wrote:Hi Mojojojo

I did try the OE version and things seem to be fine except that my PMP VLC connects to network only if its unsecured , the moment i turn on WEP it hangs at connection 3 of 4 and i have to hard boot my PSP to go any further . i cant keep WPA on my router since my Nokia N80 connects only when WEP security is set.

Also whenever i play a video file i get the unkown format error , excpet for these 2 issues everything else seems to work gr8 for me.

Thnx in advance.

Anil
WPA works but not WEP encrypted ... And I assume it WEP encrypted works fine in the XMB apps (browser et al)?

Yeah. I don't have a suggestion for that one. Jocky will have to chime in.

As for the "unkown format error" on the PSP ... there are a good number of things to cause that. Could be your video stream settings or it could be crap coming back from the VLC scripts (aka my fault).

To make sure it's not my fault. Put VLCs original HTML scripts back in your VLC directory, reset the preferences/settings in your VLC and make sure VLC plays the video or stream on the PC fine.

Then use Jocky's original pspfiles.html ... which is just fine for live streams and simple directories.

Make a directory on the PC with just one or two video files in a format you know VLC can handle (because the PC can play it).

Put the video settings in pmp.ini back to the defaults it came with and turn on the AVC HW ... might as well try the best and easiest first.

In the videopath ... set it to the directory you have your files. (Don't use "sd:", "pl:", or vlc_playlist tags ... those come from my scripts)

Do whatever you need to do to get wireless working on the PSP for a bit ...

Connect up ... select video ... test files should show up ...

Try to play one ... Look at your PC ... you should see VLC playing the file in terms of the progress indicator, but not with an actual audio/video output.

Fingers crossed ... the file is playing on your PSP.

Once that basic setup works ... you can start playing with different file types, video stream settings, and live streams until you get what you want video-wise.

And once you have that ... and if you need to ... you can add on my scripts to do fanciness with the VLC playlist.

If the basic setup still doesn't work ... it's time to turn on VLC debugging.

Good Luck!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Iforaneye wrote:Hi guys

i really really want to get this app
working so i can watch channels
from tvu player on my psp...

ive tried my best to follow all the
complicated (;)) instructions...
but to no avail....:(
Yeah. With the pace of Jocky's fixes and features the instructions did get a bit hairy. I'm sure he'd appreciate a volunteer with that. :-)
Iforaneye wrote:Hi guys

...snip...

wifi init error
n1hinit returns $2
please check network settings

which i cannot make any sense of :O
Ah ... That nasty error ...

In simple terms the kernel that the app is running under barfed all over what you had in your PSP network settings. Dark Alex's OE has 2 kernels and the 1.5 one doesn't support WPA for example.

I don't remember specifically how I screwed up to get that error, but I got it myself while I was trying to get WPA working for me ...

There are two versions of PMPVLC rev4 that will work under OE ... one uses the 1.5 kernel ... the other uses the 3.XX kernel ... The one linked in the first post of this thread is the one for the 1.5 kernel. For WPA ... you need the OE binary of PMPVLC ... scroll up a few messages and you'll see where to get that.

3.XX versus 1.5 matters A LOT and is likely your headache.

You can set the default kernel in the recover mode mode menu to be 3.XX or you can try a neat and undervalued feature of Dark Alex's OE firmware. GAME directories that are specifically tagged to which kernel to use.

Put the OE version in GAME3XX ... (replace XX with your specific version. For me it's GAME310) That guarantees that this version will be run by the 3.10 kernel

Some homebrew needs to be exactly in GAME so that doesn't always work, but if I remember correctly ... PMPVLC was OK with it.

If that's not the issue then respond back some more details
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

sorry to break it to you

but i aint got the slighest clue of what you just said LOL

im a f*cking dumbass when it comes to this stuff (As ive only just started),
so please bare with me...

please put instructions into the basic of terms for me as i dont understand any of the technical jargon related to psp etc....

but lemme try to give you more info about my psp, to make ur life easier :)

im am running the custom firmware: 3.10 OE-A'

when connected via USB cable, i have the directory GAME150 and GAME310 (this means i have capabilities of both FW 1.50 and 3.10- am i correct?)

ok so i already downloaded the binaries a few post above, used one of examples of Jocky for the scrips (pmp.ini) then i saved the 'PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW' and 'PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW%' files in GAME150

am i correct in doing this....

thanks mojojojo for reply and i hope you will be able to assist me further

regards

iforaneye
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Iforaneye wrote:sorry to break it to you

please put instructions into the basic of terms for me as i dont understand any of the technical jargon related to psp etc....

when connected via USB cable, i have the directory GAME150 and GAME310 (this means i have capabilities of both FW 1.50 and 3.10- am i correct?)

ok so i already downloaded the binaries a few post above, used one of examples of Jocky for the scrips (pmp.ini) then i saved the 'PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW' and 'PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW%' files in GAME150

regards

iforaneye
No worries ...

One other bit of needed information ... How do you have your PSP wireless configured? Specifically are you using WPA?
anilkuj

Post by anilkuj »

thnx for the reply mojojojo ,

will try your suggestion , in the meanwhile just to let you know
i am able to stream DVD as well as live stream , only video stream have issues .
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

mojojojo wrote:

regards

iforaneye
No worries ...

One other bit of needed information ... How do you have your PSP wireless configured? Specifically are you using WPA?
indeed i am using WPA (PSK).. (8 digit key)

ive tried to connect with it off (as suggested by anilkuj) however still to no avail... :(
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Iforaneye wrote:
mojojojo wrote:

regards

iforaneye
No worries ...

indeed i am using WPA (PSK).. (8 digit key)

ive tried to connect with it off (as suggested by anilkuj) however still to no avail... :(
Set your wireless so that it works from the browser and all.

Remove your old version of pmpvlc from GAME150

Put this version of pmpvlc in GAME310

binary: PMPVLC009_OE_Rev4-test-binaries.zip (Rev.4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 3.x mode)
Your Download-Link: http://www.fx-world.org/download/jockyw ... naries.zip

There should be no '%' directory in this version.

See if you get farther ... then come back
W00fer

Post by W00fer »

This OE version only supports AVC hardware decoding, or can i also view TV from VLC 0.8.6 ?
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

@ mojojojo

do i keep my original pmp.ini file?
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

ok i tried, keeping the same pmp.ini file...

but it still dont work

i still get this message from vlc player

and i still get 'connecting state 3 of 4' on the pmp vlc player on my psp...

i used the connection settings that work with the XBM apps (like the browser).. and it had the WPA key enabled...

my con is set to 0 in the ini file as i only have one connection on my psp at the moment...

and i use the port 8901.. is this correct...

thanks for your help mojojojo so far :)
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Iforaneye wrote: my con is set to 0 in the ini file as i only have one connection on my psp at the moment...
But you're not getting the wifi error anymore right? It's just hanging at the connection step?

I believe the first con is "1". Also a connection keeps it's number even if you delete other cons ahead of it. So if this was originally the third con setting, it's still number "3".

Start with "1" ... then try a few other numbers just to be sure.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

W00fer wrote:This OE version only supports AVC hardware decoding, or can i also view TV from VLC 0.8.6 ?
Don't know what you mean for sure ...

You an still use live streams and all from the PC you just have to use the right transcode options for the AVC HW on the PSP

I don't touch those setting much ... A few folks in the forum have played around with it. Try a search on "sout".
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

mojojojo wrote:
Iforaneye wrote: my con is set to 0 in the ini file as i only have one connection on my psp at the moment...
But you're not getting the wifi error anymore right? It's just hanging at the connection step?

I believe the first con is "1". Also a connection keeps it's number even if you delete other cons ahead of it. So if this was originally the third con setting, it's still number "3".

correct, i am not getting that horrible message anymore ;)

and i will fiddle with the con settings later on when i get more time...

but how about the error i got on my pc, with VLC (the error in the pic)... any reason for it...
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Iforaneye wrote:
mojojojo wrote:

correct, i am not getting that horrible message anymore ;)

and i will fiddle with the con settings later on when i get more time...

but how about the error i got on my pc, with VLC (the error in the pic)... any reason for it...
One problem at a time ... that error isn't related to the PSP not being able to connect to your network.

What it does tell me though is that you seem to be a magnet for networking issues. :-)
Iforaneye

Post by Iforaneye »

indeed

your right there...

i always have probs with my net
W00fer

Post by W00fer »

PMP VLC 0.09 OE version doesn't connect to my WPA-PSK DHCP wifi router. It says: connection state 0 of 4, 2 of 4 and then the wifi light goes off and the program freezes.