i've got an issue installing psptoolchain on opensuse...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

smartie_on_computer

i've got an issue installing psptoolchain on opensuse...

Post by smartie_on_computer »

Hey every one

i'm having a problem istalling the psp toolchain on opensuse 10.1

i can't figure the error out but the problem its falling over on is checking the target system type when installing binutils...

i have install gcc, and the packages listed here
Then i ran the toolchain script in Konsole, after 2 minutes its come to this error Image

please help, this is really bugging me
Last edited by smartie_on_computer on Wed May 09, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

That link requires registration to view. Can you host it elsewhere?
smartie_on_computer

yea sorry, i made a post on that site too about it...
heres the image hosted at imageshack
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

"issuse" - freudian typo or clever pun? We may never know.
smartie_on_computer

lol, sorry, my bad spelling ^-^
fixed it
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

Aww. I thought it was appropriately funny. :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

From the error, it looks like it either failed to read the patch from the repo, or the patch failed to run. Look further back in the shell to see which occured. The toolchain tries to wget the patches it needs from the repo, then applies the patches to the plain gcc/bintools/etc. If the patch can't be downloaded, or it fails during the patch phase, the target "psp" won't be recognized.
smartie_on_computer

ok an update with the problem

ok im back again, i think i found what was wrong,the version of gcc and binutils that is install on suse is greater than the toolchain files.

the computer has no access to the internet so im finding it difficult to find any way of getting the right version patches'

i have tried to uninstall gcc and binutils but then the system uninstalls a lot of other packages as well so im just in a sticky situation
J.F.

Re: ok an update with the problem

Post by J.F. »

smartie_on_computer wrote:ok im back again, i think i found what was wrong,the version of gcc and binutils that is install on suse is greater than the toolchain files.

the computer has no access to the internet so im finding it difficult to find any way of getting the right version patches'

i have tried to uninstall gcc and binutils but then the system uninstalls a lot of other packages as well so im just in a sticky situation
The gcc and bintools used to compile the toolchain isn't a problem... I compiled the psptoolchain with 4.1.2 on the latest Ubuntu. Your problem is the "no access to the internet" part. The toolchain is designed to get everything it needs from the net unless you get it all and put it where it wants it.

You need to get the entire psptoolchain directory and inside of that directory put the archives for the versions of gcc, binutils, and newlib that the toolchain wants (look at the toolchain script for the version numbers). Download them from the gcc site on some other machine. You'll also need to provide it with a complete checkout of the PSP sdk sources.

All in all, it would be easier to just temporarily connect the machine to the net to let the toolchain do it all automatically, then remove it from the net once it's done.
smartie_on_computer

what about from http://www.oopo.net/consoledev/ i see it has every thing in that...

also the computer did have a connection at one stage when installing it on cygwin, it all went well there so i copied the downloaded files to suse and tried it, ut thats how i got the error above
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

smartie_on_computer wrote:what about from http://www.oopo.net/consoledev/ i see it has every thing in that...
Not everything, just the script to make the toolchain and patchfiles. Not to mention, that version of the script had "issues" if you read one of the other threads. You need the subversion copy. How to check out psptoolchain from the subversion is in another thread.
also the computer did have a connection at one stage when installing it on cygwin, it all went well there so i copied the downloaded files to suse and tried it, ut thats how i got the error above
Either there is a difference in the checkout under Windows compared to linux, or you copied something over incorrectly. It's also possible you're missing a dependency... for example, if patchutils isn't installed, the patches won't do any good. Double check the every dependent package is installed. Check for autogen, autoconf, automake, libtool, patchutils, and pkgconfig. If you plan to use gdb, you'll need ncurses as well.