Proposal - Novice Training

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Beeblebrox

Proposal - Novice Training

Post by Beeblebrox »

As a programmer just getting his feet wet at PSP programming, I've found that even though the community is amazing at answering questions, there really isn't too much... I guess I'd call it "Documentation" for novices.

I propose a Novice Guide that would introduce programmers to the programming environment, perhaps PSPLink, and basic hello world to intermediate example programs to be run.

I would love to start building this guide, but I'm not sure where a good place to start is. My mindset is that as I teach myself how to do certain things via programming, I document how I do it, what problems I faced, etc., and thus prepare it for the next person who's in my position that comes to the site. I just need some ideas for good illustrative project examples that a novice with only a background in C/C++ would be able to create and learn from.

Let me know if this is a good idea (Has it already been done somewhere I haven't seen yet?), and if it is, any further help is of course much appreciated. Thanks, guys.

-Beeblebrox
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

Have you seen it? >> http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/
These are very good tutorials,I've learned psp programming basics from them.
Beeblebrox

Post by Beeblebrox »

Wow, that's exactly what I was looking to make.

Thank you so much for the link!

-Beeb
hck-dev

Post by hck-dev »

i was thinking of a massive dev pack, which will be hardware and software combo along with TOOOONS of docs and sdks, code snipets, tutorial projects.