sceUtilityCheckNetParam fails all the time

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

e_boris

sceUtilityCheckNetParam fails all the time

Post by e_boris »

On my PSP (FW 3.10OE-A’), I cannot find any network configure preset by sceUtilityCheckNetParam, it returns non-zero all the time. I tried all possible config_id to feed sceNetApctlConnect, it always returns 0x80110601 (PSP_NETPARAM_ERROR_BAD_NETCONF).

But the build-in web browser works correctly. Then I found all 1.50 homebrews cannot enumerate network configure preset either including irShell and PimpStream. And the PSPPet’s WIFI example code (wifisimp03) also fails due to the same 0x80110601 problem.

On the other hand, I found 3.10 Homebrew, which has to be copied in \PSP\GAME310 folder, works correctly such as PSPRadio and Wifile Transfer. Network configure preset can be enumerated and successfully connected. Unlucky, I cannot find source code of Wifile and get lost in PSPRadio’s huge source tree.

Anyone has any idea on the problem?

and also how can I make a 3.10 Homebrew? Simply placing 1.50 homebrew to GAME310 folder dose not work. XMB says failed to load (80020148).

Thx a lot in advance.
Last edited by e_boris on Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

The possible problem is that you have WEP/WPA encryption on your connections,and thus your program can't use them.Try to delete all your connections,make a dummy one,with ip,dns set,without encryption,and see if it works.
e_boris

Post by e_boris »

I did not use any encryption on my AP settings, I use MAC filtering for security. and also I tried static IP and DHCP settings. However those help nothing.
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

So I guess that 3.10 uses some diffrent system call for network(not sceUtilityCheckNetParam).Keep looking on forums,maybe someone already solved that problem...
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

Try deleting your connections on your PSP completely and enter them again.
e_boris

Post by e_boris »

I just deleted all connection presets and reboot. Then create a new connection by scanning my AP. The problem remains the same. Since psppet's example code fails in the same way, I believe it may be something different on FW3.10.

Thanks gambiting and Insert_witty_name, I just keep looking.
SamuraiX

Post by SamuraiX »

I was having the same problem until I read this thread....

But I'm on 3.40 OE. Seems strange as It used to work without any issues on 2.71 OE. Then when I upgraded to 3.40 OE upgrade my code stopped working properly....

Which then required me to delete them all and re-enter AP's again. Perhaps something is getting corrupt in the access point tables during an OE upgrade?
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

SamuraiX wrote:I was having the same problem until I read this thread....

But I'm on 3.40 OE. Seems strange as It used to work without any issues on 2.71 OE. Then when I upgraded to 3.40 OE upgrade my code stopped working properly....

Which then required me to delete them all and re-enter AP's again. Perhaps something is getting corrupt in the access point tables during an OE upgrade?
It was the same for me, that's why I suggested it as a solution.

Maybe something changed slightly across the firmwares (regardless of OE).
e_boris

Post by e_boris »

just deleted all connection presets and reboot. Then create a new connection by scanning my AP. The problem remains the same. Since psppet's example code fails in the same way, I believe it may be something different on FW3.10.
I delete AP setting entries one-by-one in XMB's network settings. and then create an new one, am I right? But I still can not retrieve the AP tables.
e_boris

Post by e_boris »

I am turing to build a homebrew like wifile transfer does, which runs only in GAME310 folder. But XMB always says it can not start the game due to 80020148 error code.

Can anyone helps me? Thanks a lot