dosbox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

fourmyfriends

Re: still working on it

Post by fourmyfriends »

crazyc wrote:
fourmyfriends wrote:switched to 3.4 OE, dos box runs just fine, still cannot get nokeys to recognize a left mouse click,
Got a link, I'll look at it.
fourmyfriends wrote:does anybody know what the key would be called if I wanted to assign the left mouse click to a different button?
INPUTMAP cross lmumb
INPUTMAP cross button1
thanks for the help with the key mapping will give it another go tonight

also wolf3d crashes after switching to 3.4 oe, what firmware do you test on crazy, what is this most compatible with?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

fourmyfriends wrote: also wolf3d crashes after switching to 3.4 oe, what firmware do you test on crazy, what is this most compatible with?
I use 3.03OE but it shouldn't be that firmware specific, so if it's crashing there's something wrong and I'd like more details if possible.
fourmyfriends

Post by fourmyfriends »

crazyc wrote:
fourmyfriends wrote: also wolf3d crashes after switching to 3.4 oe, what firmware do you test on crazy, what is this most compatible with?
I use 3.03OE but it shouldn't be that firmware specific, so if it's crashing there's something wrong and I'd like more details if possible.
wolfenstien will get to the load menu where it detects input and out put devices and the it just freezes there. home does not work, and when you try to press home, the power light blinks green. The only things I can do to get out of this is to hold the power button in the up position for aproximatly 10seconds, then release it and press it again, and the psp will finaly shut off (other that, it's pull the battery) even when I have something working properly, exiting dosbox always seems to produce this crash.
I am begining to wonder if it has to do with firmware version, or MOBO versions I have a TA-082 mother board, as I understand it , sonny took extra measures with the security of this board. could this be affecting it?
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

fourmyfriends wrote:wolfenstien will get to the load menu where it detects input and out put devices and the it just freezes there. home does not work, and when you try to press home, the power light blinks green. The only things I can do to get out of this is to hold the power button in the up position for aproximatly 10seconds, then release it and press it again, and the psp will finaly shut off (other that, it's pull the battery) even when I have something working properly, exiting dosbox always seems to produce this crash.
I am begining to wonder if it has to do with firmware version, or MOBO versions I have a TA-082 mother board, as I understand it , sonny took extra measures with the security of this board. could this be affecting it?
Try this test build and tell me if anything different happens. dosbox-test
fourmyfriends

no crashing

Post by fourmyfriends »

thank you so much the crashing has stopped!
I managed to get wolfenstien3d working (a little slower than usual but I might still need to adjust some settings)
No crash when I exited using 3.40 OE, I'm going to try going back to M33 and see if that fixed it there to.
Thank you so much
and if you don't mind me asking, what was the problem?
crazyc

Re: no crashing

Post by crazyc »

fourmyfriends wrote:thank you so much the crashing has stopped!
I managed to get wolfenstien3d working (a little slower than usual but I might still need to adjust some settings)
No crash when I exited using 3.40 OE, I'm going to try going back to M33 and see if that fixed it there to.
Thank you so much
and if you don't mind me asking, what was the problem?
There are quite a few changes in that build so I don't know which one fixed it, but I fixed a problem with the exception handling and hoped that when/if it crashed it would print a crash dump.
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

fourmyfriends: How are you going with NO-KEYS is it working?
Does it support keys F1 to F12?
Sorry, I am really liking the idea of an on-screen keyboard for the psp dosbox.
fourmyfriends

still working on finding a compatible onscreen keyboard

Post by fourmyfriends »

nokeys seems to be incompatible with the build, I think I may continue the search for a compatible on screen keyboard program
Wally

Post by Wally »

Im still having issues.

dosbox now wont even read the dosbox.conf file :/

Not sure what the go is there.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Wally4000 wrote:Im still having issues.

What is the output if you run it from within psplink?
Wally

Post by Wally »

crazyc wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:Im still having issues.

What is the output if you run it from within psplink?
:/
it works via PSPlink.

I got a feelings its IRshell.

How would i go about making it work in the XMB. all i get is a corrupt Data icon.
fourmyfriends

IR Shell

Post by fourmyfriends »

Dosbox seems to work pretty well in IR1.5 but 3.4 doesn't work, as I understand it runs under different parameters and is not compatible because it is built around firmware 3.4 functionality, where as dosbox exploits the 1.5 side of things (some one correct me I have that wrong)
Dosbox seems to run fine for me even in m33 now, with the exception of exiting where it will sometimes hang on the 'please wait' until it is powered off, however while it is running it seems to run fine,
Dont know what the issue is
What MOBO do you have?

PS, has anyone tested dosbox on team wildcards LE firmware? I've been questioning weather to try it.
Wally

Post by Wally »

TA-079.

Im confused to why its not working properly.

I'll go back to IRshell 2.1, im sure it will help.
crazyc

Re: IR Shell

Post by crazyc »

fourmyfriends wrote:Dosbox seems to work pretty well in IR1.5 but 3.4 doesn't work, as I understand it runs under different parameters and is not compatible because it is built around firmware 3.4 functionality, where as dosbox exploits the 1.5 side of things (some one correct me I have that wrong)
The way things are now, it absolutely must start in kernel mode, so anything other then kernel version 1.5 is out (of course 1.5 mode of any custom firmware should be fine, after all I'm using an OE kernel myself).
fourmyfriends

Post by fourmyfriends »

Wally4000 wrote:TA-079.

does your IR load at your psp's start, I know mine got better when I turned off the auto start on IRshell?
Wally

Post by Wally »

fourmyfriends wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:TA-079.

does your IR load at your psp's start, I know mine got better when I turned off the auto start on IRshell?
Nah i dont, i'll give 2.1 a whirl now and see if it works
fourmyfriends

let me know

Post by fourmyfriends »

let me know how it works, I'm having a time getting things realy honed in, and you seem to be having the same problems, so if you get it running smooth send me your specs so I can duplicate them,
Let me know your firmware
program used to launch?
IRshell?which version?
can you exit without crashing?
IM back!

Post by IM back! »

dos box psp will never exit properly from irshell 3.5 because irshell uses the 4 extra mb of memory for its multitasking. so when dos box writes into that memory aria it corrupts irshelll.

there is a problem with disk images in dosbox psp because if i lode windows 3.1 from a iso (cd image) it boots fine (in about 30 seconds @ 333mhz) on the psp and pc, but if i boot it of a hard disk image (.img) it hangs at the windows 3.1 logo on the psp and boots normally on the pc.
sorry for spelling!
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

IM back! wrote:there is a problem with disk images in dosbox psp because if i lode windows 3.1 from a iso (cd image) it boots fine (in about 30 seconds @ 333mhz) on the psp and pc, but if i boot it of a hard disk image (.img) it hangs at the windows 3.1 logo on the psp and boots normally on the pc.
Win3.1 from an hdd image works fine here, I don't know about cd images.

Put up a new binary and patch with some more audio fixes. With this wolf3d is playable at 333 with full sound and only infrequent audio skips.
jason alicat

Post by jason alicat »

With this latest release and the previous 0.71 builds mapped buttons have been sticky rendering games unplayable. Is this known or am I the only one who is experiencing this?
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

Same here.
Weaver1497

Post by Weaver1497 »

*RANT OF PRAISE*

I mainly use Dosbox in all of its forms (PC, MAC, PSP) to play Sierra's Old Graphic Adventure games. Games like King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Space Quest.

I haven't gotten a chance to even use 0.71 on my PC or MAC yet. But this weekend I had the pleasure of firing up 0.71 on my PSP which CrazyC has done an AMAZING job with!

Games like Conquest of the Longbow, Quest for Glory 1 VGA, King's Quest VI, Space Quest V all run damn near flawlessly with frameskip at 2. (Some of the speech has small hiccups because of the audio but it is MUCH improved over 0.60)

I have even been able to load some of the last DOS adventure games made by Sierra: Torin's Passage, Leisure Suit Larry 7, Space Quest 6, King's Quest 7. The mere fact that these even run on my PSP floor me. Even somewhat playable!

The reason of this post is for me and all those like me that enjoy this amazing piece of programming for the PSP to give CrazyC a MASSIVE THANK YOU!!!!!! Playing these on the go is an absolute dream come true.

Thank you for all of your hardwork, and please continue CrazyC!
jason alicat

Post by jason alicat »

HERE-HERE, I love your work.
tinker

ir keyboard findings for crazyc

Post by tinker »

my ir keyboard works fine in other apps.
i'm not sure what the "default" place for the config file is but if i put the config file in /seplugins i get no ir keyboard found and dosbox boots.

if i put the irkeyboard line in the dosbox config and point it to my dosbox directory then under PSPLink does box says IR Keyboard found (yeah) but then it goes into a black screen stopping there and not continuing.

happy to help fix this as it would be super cool to have working.

i setup a dev environment but got stuck patching against the 0.71 tree (failed probably because i don't know what i'm doing - untarred the 0.71 tree and did patch < dosboxpatch in it. it patched config.sub and then failed at the next item.

let me know how i can help get this fixed because ir keyboard would be super duper.
narrus

Post by narrus »

Now that I'm done traveling for awhile, I'm going to have to re test many of my games now. This is great! Wolfenstien is really the only game I fleshed out so far. Here's my batch file for any who are interested or if anyone has suggestions for improving it, I'm all ears:

Code: Select all

config -set "dos ems=on"
config -set "sdl sensitivity=100"
@ECHO OFF
cd wolf3d
INPUTMAP up 1 
INPUTMAP right 2 
INPUTMAP down 3 
INPUTMAP left 4 
INPUTMAP triangle lshift 
INPUTMAP square space
INPUTMAP cross lctrl
INPUTMAP circle lalt
INPUTMAP start y 
INPUTMAP select esc
INPUTMAP exec wolf3d
config -set "sdl sensitivity=50"
I played Xwing a bit last night and it worked if I turned down the graphics pretty hard. Making a decent config for it will prove fun. Going to go back and test a few others this week.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

jason alicat wrote:With this latest release and the previous 0.71 builds mapped buttons have been sticky rendering games unplayable. Is this known or am I the only one who is experiencing this?
I don't have this problem, what specific apps?
if i put the irkeyboard line in the dosbox config and point it to my dosbox directory then under PSPLink does box says IR Keyboard found (yeah) but then it goes into a black screen stopping there and not continuing.
Hmmm, I'll take a look at it.
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

When I am playing a platformer, if I press circle (CTRL) or triangle (SHIFT) to jump while pressing a direction it will act as if that directional button is being held down until I press the button again. By the time I press the button again I end up in a pit or run into an enemy or something, help!
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

andwhyisit wrote:When I am playing a platformer, if I press circle (CTRL) or triangle (SHIFT) to jump while pressing a direction it will act as if that directional button is being held down until I press the button again. By the time I press the button again I end up in a pit or run into an enemy or something, help!
D'oh, I see what's wrong. A few more things to clean up and I'll post a fixed build.
Sterist

Post by Sterist »

hello CrazyC :)

i've noticed that the sound comes in a much different tone on the psp for some games than it does on the PC, while running through Soundblaster on both. is that some sort of bug or .... well, what? lol

that aside, i'd like to let you know that i made a video for the FAQ's you might still be getting about the keyboard, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzA7FOpmeA
raulpica

Post by raulpica »

Thank you CrazyC!

Now Ultima6 works great, with only some sound stuttering... AMAZING!

I'm on 3.52 M33-2, and had no problems using it as a kxploited EBOOT.

Now the only thing that makes it perfect... it's a pretty on-screen keyboard :D

Some news on that side?