M33 3.52 rev 4

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

womble

M33 3.52 rev 4

Post by womble »

Hi,

I can get PMP VLC 0.0.9 OE rev 4 running an AVC stream for about 15-20 seconds on my PSP, then it stops, goes black and the wireless and power lights go off. MY PSP kind of dies.
Does anyone else have this problem? Should PMP VLC player work just fine under this CFW?

Thanks
womble
Matrixdub

Re: M33 3.52 rev 4

Post by Matrixdub »

womble wrote:Hi,

I can get PMP VLC 0.0.9 OE rev 4 running an AVC stream for about 15-20 seconds on my PSP, then it stops, goes black and the wireless and power lights go off. MY PSP kind of dies.
Does anyone else have this problem? Should PMP VLC player work just fine under this CFW?

Thanks
womble
Have you tried running it under emulated firmware 1.50 via dev-hook?
womble

newbee

Post by womble »

Hi,

I don't want to annoy you, but I am very wet behind the ears in terms of PSP. I have only had my PSP for a couple of weeks. I sent it to a guy on eBay to have it flashed to M33 rev 4. I have ordered a second battery and am waiting for that to arrive before I turn my original battery into a Jigkick one using the Pandora thing. Then I think I can flash the PSP to FW 1.50 right?

What I don't understand is the devhook thing? What is it (for)? please could you give me a idiot's guide in a few sentenses about how I try it in the way you suggested.

Thanks
womble
hlide

Re: newbee

Post by hlide »

womble wrote:I sent it to a guy on eBay to have it flashed to M33 rev 4.
what ? did you *PAY* a shady guy on eBay so he turns your official PSP into a M33 CFW PSP ? if so, shame on you ! or are you sure that guy didn't exchange yours with a screwed one ? if so, he must be happy this guy !
adtbm

Post by adtbm »

Hello Womble,

even if this is not the correct forum to post your question,(because this is a development forum) i will answer your question.

1st: this guy on E-bay ripped you off. with a little bit of reading everybody is able to downgrade his PSP himself. If you have sent him your PSP and you now have a M33 -* firmware on it, than this means, he actually did downgrade your PSP to Firmware 1.5 allready, (or like hlide above stated he ripped you off totally and sent you a defective one back. Are you sure the one you received is your original you have sent?) so there is no neccessarity of buying a second battery to create Pandoras Battery. (even if ! you wouldn't have needed to buy a second battery, because you can recover your battery to a normal one again too).

DEVHOOK is a tool where you are able to emulate a specific firmware from another firmware. it is normally getting used if you need to run a programm on a specific firmware otherwise it wouldn't run. google for it.

so coming closer to your problem, you should switch off your PSP and while switching it back on, press and hold the right headbutton. this should bring you to the recovery menu from your PSP. check inside that your kernel is 1.5 not 3.52. then try to run your program again.

Hope this helps you a little bit