devkitpro supported?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Jesse

devkitpro supported?

Post by Jesse »

Is devkitPro still supporting the PSP? I tried compiling one of the samples but got a
"make: *** No rule to make target `/lib/build.mak'. Stop."
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Anyone?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You don't say which version of devkitpro, nor which sample, but some of the samples are outdated and don't compile with the current toolchain. Ditto for many of the things in the pspware repo. Particularly for Slim/3.71. You have to look at the things that do work and go from there. One day, maybe someone will clean up all the old stuff. It's unfortunate, but the toolchain evolves while the samples and old apps don't get updated and eventually no longer work.
hrimfaxi

Post by hrimfaxi »

it's psp-config's fault, in the windows cmd.exe using psp-config -p will result in:
Error, path not large enough for creating the PSPSDK path
but in msys shell it seems to be OK.

Build project in the msys shell, or replace the $(shell psp-config -p) with you pspsdk location.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Sorry for being unclear. I just wanted to know if there was any point to start digging for the problem. But as it seems like there is, I'm very happy with the answers.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

hrimfaxi wrote:it's psp-config's fault, in the windows cmd.exe using psp-config -p will result in:
Error, path not large enough for creating the PSPSDK path
Thanks for that tip. psp-config wasn't found at all. I fixed this by just adding a path to devkitpsp/bin and everything worked fine without changes to makefile. I'm not sure if that's something the devkitPro installation should do, or if there is some other reason it wasn't working out of the box.

So, the latest devkitPro usually contains latest pspsdk and toolchain as well? I ask because I don't see any update-news of that on the devkitPro homepage.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Gah... I'm not sure, but it seems that the PSP stuff in devkitPro is from April. Still, It seems to work well as long as I don't try to compile for newer firmwares.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

The "newer firmware" problems was a mistake from my side with setting the PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB too high, so hopefully it will still work for all versions of the PSP.

I'm going to stop talking to myself now, but feel free to check out what I managed to throw together at www.collectingsmiles.com/rorschach