need McZonks quake 2 psp source code

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

M.r Lemony Fresh

need McZonks quake 2 psp source code

Post by M.r Lemony Fresh »

Hi, i need it for a stand alone mod, i won't be attempting an enhancement of the code to release any other versions of quake 2 psp or anything. i have searched his site top to bottom and found nothing, if anyone has an email or information regarding McZonks source code, help would be greatly appreciated.

yes i did say i was going to try lte engine but i want to get this done and out of the way.

p.s, the source needs to be modified so that the dll can be edited seperatly, and special effects can be added, such as higher texture quality and better sprites and such.
and also i have turned google inside out trying to look for it.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Uh... did you try looking in the archive? Looking in it myself, I see three directories: quake2, quake2%, and source. Hmm... wonder what's in that third directory... ;)
M.r Lemony Fresh

Post by M.r Lemony Fresh »

YES! which release is it??

EDIT: aah i just tried the latest one, what dya know, thanks
Be3f

Post by Be3f »

Zonk has done many optimizations since the latest public beta with src included. 2x faster rendering (and framerate!), better loading code, some small things... So, you'd better ask him for the latest code. Join IRC channel: irc.freenode.org #emergencyexit

However, the port is still far from perfect: freezes while changing a level, still doesn't load some q2sp levels, no Ad-Hock (would be excelent!), not best stability, no sound (there is sound code and it is calculated, but buggy, so disabled), buggy spmonsters ai (they freeze randomly), no lightmapping and mipmapping (not implemented because of psp memory limits), no clipping for mapobjects (doors, lifts...), no OSK, and it's compiled only as 1.50 fw kernel app (Zonk tried to compile it for 3.XX, but it crashed on psp, maybe because of wrong heap partition size for executable prx) - no Slim support (but runs under e-loader), no WPA-encoding.

Hmm, 3.XX build for PSP-Slim, using extra RAM (like QuakeOne SlimOptimized port) could be a solution for the main problem - low memory. Also, Ad-hock would make multiplayer (already very playable via infrastructure) much more mobile. Plus unloading code (when changing a level) fix would make singleplayer near playable, so this project isn't hopeless...
00000110 00000110 00000110
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Yes, it does need plenty of work, but at least he's working on it. :) I'm looking forward to his next release.
Be3f

Post by Be3f »

http://emergencyexit.untergrund.net/2008/0...tunes/#comments

I still can't believe

Seems like the last Q2 pic posted by Zonk had some special undertone:
00000110 00000110 00000110