Hardware'docs

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Lino

Hardware'docs

Post by Lino »

Hi all,

Where can I find docs on PSP? I found only R4000 docs? Is it 333 MHz 32bits?

Thanks for your answers
hibbyware

Post by hibbyware »

These docs are old but still very useful http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yapspd/psp_doc/
Lino

Post by Lino »

ok thanks but ihave found any info on lcd refresh, how many fps?
jean

Post by jean »

What t.h. does LCD refresh speed have to do with cpu?? If this can answer your question, in a simple demo i managed to generate 150 fps, of witch more than an half was lost since lcd is something like 60 fps (16 msec - i'm not sure this is the same on all PSP models, i only experimented on mine)...normally you would put all the drawing stuff in a thread that waits for vertical sync to avoid wasting resources drawing things you'll never show without slowing down the whole program's execution...but -again- this has nothing to share with cpu or psp hardware in general other than display. If you're a first-person-shooting-gamer and you usually think of hardware speed in terms of fps, i don't think this is the right place for you; otherwise, i apologize for i didn't understand the point.

jean

PS: hibbyware, the doc you posted is really good....for some reason i missed it, thanks for posting
Lino

Post by Lino »

150? 60? :D
Im very corious after the new PSP emulator.
jean

Post by jean »

Lino wrote:150? 60? :D
Im very corious after the new PSP emulator.
....still don't catch it....
hlide

Post by hlide »

probably someone dreaming about making a perfect psp emulator...
gambiting

Post by gambiting »

hlide wrote:probably someone dreaming about making a perfect psp emulator...
Very detailed docs of any processor can lead to it's emulator - if you have enough skills of course :D
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

There is no one source of ALL docs on the PSP. It's scattered all around in bits and pieces due to different people looking into different parts. For example, you'll find the exact timing of the LCD video at lan.st in a thread where some folks were looking into making a VGA cable for the Phat PSP. That's all you find in that thread. You'll find threads here on GPIO and some other registers where people were trying to do things like control the LEDs or have hardware level access to things like the serial. You'll just have to hunt it all down yourself.
shash

Post by shash »

Lino is the author of iDeaS, one of the top DS emulators as of now, and seems that after seeing this he wants to check how's the PSP hardware. As you all might have noted, his English seriously lacks, and it's, more than often, hard to understand :P

I guess this clears this thread a little.