FuSa Project: Play via composite cable with FuSa!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Tiim

Post by Tiim »

first start the game and load it and then pres + and - ;) then it wil work.
kovadani

Thanks

Post by kovadani »

This an very good plugin, I can be playing crt TV with my favourite game, that the god of war. I say thank you for it to the developer :) and I wait for the new versions!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

My thoughts on the latest...

Twisted Metal: Head-On - works great now. The speed boost is especially helpful.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - works fine.
Tomb Raider: Legend - causes graphical problems just by being present, even when not directing to the TV.
Daxter - no longer works at all. Crashes went activated.
Sims 2: works fine.
GTA: LCS - crashes when activated.

Overall, it's coming along well. The main complaint now is that the graphics are back to being squished horizontally.

Eventually, you'll need to add one more option to the menu - whether the TV is 4:3 or 16:9. Games always output 16:9 since that's what the LCD is. If your TV is also 16:9, it'll look right when redirected to the TV. However, if the TV is 4:3, the aspect ratio will be wrong... things will be taller and thinner than they should. Combine that with the horizontal squishing mentioned above and the aspect ratio is REALLY bad. :)
FreePlay

Post by FreePlay »

Tiim wrote:first start the game and load it and then pres + and - ;) then it wil work.
... "Load it?" It's supposed to be loaded automatically by my custom firmware.

And it doesn't work. That's why I posted...
CoreCoder

Post by CoreCoder »

I tried this prog.

I have an interesting solution for some games. Create an ISO of the game and run from the MS. Seems to work well.

These work from ISO's.
Dungeon Explorer WAA: Works. Slow
Cube: Works
Untold Legends BOB. Works.
My TV is only 4:3 so the screen is skewed.

Don't know why it won't work from UMD.

Anybody try DGEN? I can't get it to work.
Wally

Post by Wally »

FreePlay wrote:
Tiim wrote:first start the game and load it and then pres + and - ;) then it wil work.
... "Load it?" It's supposed to be loaded automatically by my custom firmware.

And it doesn't work. That's why I posted...
Freeplay is using Puzzle Bobble Custom Firmware 3.90 :D
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

@Freeplay - what he means is you start the game and let it load, then press the -/+ buttons to activate it. This is a plugin - it is loaded when you go into a game by the OS. It doesn't load from the XMB (plugins for the XMB go in the vsh.txt file in seplugins). Remember that it needs to be enabled - go into the recovery menu to enable it. THEN once you start a game, it should be able to be started with the -/+ buttons.

By the way, this works on most homebrew as well. I works great with picodrive (Genesis emulator), SNES9xTYL (SNES emulator), and Daedulus (N64 emulator). It does NOT work with my version of Doom - probably because I use the dve manager inside it. Doom is written to use the TV directly, so that's not a problem. So homebrew written to use the TV won't work with this (but they don't need to in any case), and homebrew NOT written to use the TV seem to work fine with this.

People running SNES9xTYL in particular should like this. I know I get email all the time bugging me to add TV support to it. :)
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:@Freeplay - what he means is you start the game and let it load, then press the -/+ buttons to activate it. This is a plugin - it is loaded when you go into a game by the OS. It doesn't load from the XMB (plugins for the XMB go in the vsh.txt file in seplugins). Remember that it needs to be enabled - go into the recovery menu to enable it. THEN once you start a game, it should be able to be started with the -/+ buttons.

By the way, this works on most homebrew as well. I works great with picodrive (Genesis emulator), SNES9xTYL (SNES emulator), and Daedulus (N64 emulator). It does NOT work with my version of Doom - probably because I use the dve manager inside it. Doom is written to use the TV directly, so that's not a problem. So homebrew written to use the TV won't work with this (but they don't need to in any case), and homebrew NOT written to use the TV seem to work fine with this.

People running SNES9xTYL in particular should like this. I know I get email all the time bugging me to add TV support to it. :)
And Basilisk 2 :D
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Wally4000 wrote:
J.F. wrote:@Freeplay - what he means is you start the game and let it load, then press the -/+ buttons to activate it. This is a plugin - it is loaded when you go into a game by the OS. It doesn't load from the XMB (plugins for the XMB go in the vsh.txt file in seplugins). Remember that it needs to be enabled - go into the recovery menu to enable it. THEN once you start a game, it should be able to be started with the -/+ buttons.

I was going to add TV support to B2 well before anyone bugged about that. :D
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:

I was going to add TV support to B2 well before anyone bugged about that. :D
Can you still do it :D
johnson32

Post by johnson32 »

Hi guys!I have 3.90M33-3!I try the game Killzone Liberation when I press (-) & (+) ingame it isn’t presented the menu!

Any advice?
CoreCoder

Post by CoreCoder »

Well.. It didn't like my 4GB cards. Threw in a 2GB, and it works great.

This is the proggy to have.

Keep up the great work.
OldPrisoneR

Post by OldPrisoneR »

Hmm I think that we need to improve our SPEED BOOSTER now.
So I wonder how games use vsync, at this moment SPEED BOOSTER modifies the following functions:
sceDisplayWaitVblankCB
sceDisplayWaitVblankStart
sceDisplayWaitVblank
sceDisplayWaitVblankStartCB

But I suppose that there are others functions or methods which use VBLANK.

Any suggestions?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Lots of apps use sceKernelDelayThread(). You might patch that as well.
OldPrisoneR

Post by OldPrisoneR »

I'm not sure about sceKernelDelayThread()
I suppose that I need to modify sceDisplayGetCurrentHcount or sceDisplayIsVblank or sceDisplayIsVsync

At any rate I'll try all :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I just mentioned it because I've seen more homebrew use that function than use sceDisplayWaitVblank(). It's at least something you could look into later if need be.
hitox

Post by hitox »

hi! i have CW3.71-M33 and i try to start a game or homebrew and when im press - , + ingame it isn’t presented the menu! and crash! x.x

help me please >_<
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

hitox wrote:hi! i have CW3.71-M33 and i try to start a game or homebrew and when im press - , + ingame it isn’t presented the menu! and crash! x.x

help me please >_<
Update your custom firmware. 3.71 is obsolete.
hlide

Post by hlide »

yes, I'm not even sure CFW 3.71 has a NID resolver so you'd better to upgrade your PSP to a more recent CFW (CFW 3.80+)
popopola

component cables

Post by popopola »

this latest build: FUSA_1.0(beta)b011 works on component cables correct?
I'm on firmware 3.90 M33-3 btw.
J.F.

Re: component cables

Post by J.F. »

popopola wrote:this latest build: FUSA_1.0(beta)b011 works on component cables correct?
I'm on firmware 3.90 M33-3 btw.
Yes. I use both 3.90 M33-3 and a component cable.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

hlide wrote:yes, I'm not even sure CFW 3.71 has a NID resolver so you'd better to upgrade your PSP to a more recent CFW (CFW 3.80+)
It doesn't, but the NID resolver in 3.80/3.90 does resolve some 3.71 NIDs for the few 3.71 specific apps out. In any case, Slim users should be using 3.80 or 3.90.
popopola

Post by popopola »

I just tested it out.
I am impressed with this homebrew, thanks to all the makers.
If this can work on all games at full screen and no lag then It'll be perfect.

the screen is a little squashed vertically, I hope you can fix that in the next release.

also, GoW works amazingly good, snes and picodrive work perfect and crisis core is pretty slow in gameplay.

other than that, this is definitely a homebrew to look out for,

good luck developers.
popopola

Post by popopola »

btw, J.F.
when you play your games and emulators using the latest build, if the screen squashed for you vertically?
because it is for mine.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

popopola wrote:btw, J.F.
when you play your games and emulators using the latest build, if the screen squashed for you vertically?
because it is for mine.
Squashed horizontally... that is, it's too narrow. Things look tall and thin with black bars on the sides.
popopola

Post by popopola »

right, my bad. squashed horizontally.
apparently this will be fixed in the next build. I can't wait for that.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

One of the earlier builds didn't have that issue, so we know they can take care of that. It's going well. All we have to do is be patient. :)
OldPrisoneR

Post by OldPrisoneR »

We've just opened FuSa's official website
Wally

Post by Wally »

bookmarked.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Added to my tiddlywiki.