[SOLVED] Few Simple Questions

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Crux

[SOLVED] Few Simple Questions

Post by Crux »

First off it will be completely obvious I am new to developing on the PSP. With that said here are a couple questions I expect will come easy from the forums wisdom.

- Is there a place where all PSP functions and how they are used available?

- I know it is simple to play a sound on the PSP, is it possible to lower the volume (as you can in Lua) or pause a song?

- If an image is displayed past the screens width (or height) does it simply cut it off, or will it throw an error?

- How can you change the opacity of an image?

- If I am using a custom font (by making an image copy of each letter) do you recommend I make it one file or make many files for each letter?

I know these all seem "silly" and unrelated, but the information would be of great help to me. Sorry if these have been asked before, but I guess I'm not using the right Google terms to find the answers. Thank-you for any help you can supply me with.
Last edited by Crux on Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The closest there is for docs is http://alek.dark-alex.org/pspsdkdocs/
You'll have to look at source code and old threads here for any other info.

For volume, look at sayka's LightMP3 source. To pause, just don't fill the sound buffers or decode anymore data until you unpause. Look at source for players in old threads, and programs like LightMP3.

Yes and no. If the primitive rendered goes outside the visible display, it simply cuts off, but if it goes outside the render plane, it's not drawn entirely, even if part should. Read threads on clipping and look at the Quake source.

Look at example source.

Depends on how you store and use the glyphs. It's probably easier to do it as just one file.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Thanks a lot for your reply J.F. that helped out a lot. Hope these random questions help somebody in the future. Again, thanks!