Where is -lvorbisidec ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

GlennNZ

Where is -lvorbisidec ?

Post by GlennNZ »

I'm trying to get my app to compile, but SDL_mixer is proving problematic. First I tried it with libTremor, but I kept getting

Code: Select all

/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libSDL_mixer.a(mixer.o): In function `Mix_LoadWAV_RW':
/home/glennm/psptoolchain/SDL_mixer/mixer.c:442: undefined reference to `Mix_LoadOGG_RW'
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libSDL_mixer.a(music.o): In function `Mix_LoadMUS_RW':
/home/glennm/psptoolchain/SDL_mixer/music.c:1331: undefined reference to `OGG_new_RW'
etc
So instead I gave libogg and libvorbis a go, and instead I get

/usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.1.0/../../../../psp/bin/ld: cannot find -lvorbisidec
In my makefile the libs look like

LIBS = $(shell $(SDL_CONFIG) --libs) -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lvorbis -logg -lSDL_ttf -lSDL -lGLU -lglut -lGL -ljpeg -lpng -lm -lpspctrl -lpspvfpu -lpsprtc -lpsppower -lstdc++ -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lc -lpspuser -lpsputility -lpspkernel -lpspnet_inet -lpsppower
I don't know what this lvorbisidec is to be honest. The only reason I'm adding it is because my initial problem was similar to http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... vorbisidec.

In my /usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib I do have a libogg.a libvorbis.a libvorbisenc.a libvorbisfile.a but I don't know how relevant that is.

Cheers.
Wally

Post by Wally »

I hate to say this but "-lvorbisidec " indeed does not exist :)

Try -lvorbisdec

Wally
GlennNZ

Post by GlennNZ »

Copied and pasted perfectly wrong from another post.

I wish that was the end of the matter, but I get the same error, but with different spelling.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

When in doubt, look in the libs directory... looking in mine, I spot "libvorbisidec.a", so it is indeed "-lvorbisidec". That assume you successfully ran the libraries script, not just the toolchain.
GlennNZ

Post by GlennNZ »

I don't have that lib file then. Where does it come from, because it didn't come from libogg or libvorbis?

I didn't have any success with the libraries script, which I'm assuming is the psplibraries that is available on svn.

I always get this problem

checking for correct ltmain.sh version... no
configure: error:

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.23b, ltmain.sh = 1.5.6) ***

Please run:

libtoolize --copy --force

if appropriate, please contact the maintainer of this
package (or your distribution) for help.

../scripts/008-libogg.sh: Failed.
glennm@localhost ~/psptoolchain/psplibraries $ libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: `configure.ac' does not exist
Try `libtoolize --help' for more information.
I was having more luck installing things one by one... until I wanted sound.

If someone would like to help with the libtoolize, then cheers for that.

Edit:
I just found out that I needed to go to psplibraries/build/libogg to do the libtoolize --copy --force.
I then had to use.

svn revert config.sub
So that's that little mystery solved.

Edit 2:
Looks like using the psplibraries has resolved my missing -lvorbisidec as it now appears in the libs and my make is now spewing forth different errors for me to fix. So in some ways, it was a success.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If you're really wanting to be technical, vorbisidec is Tremor - the integer-based vorbis decoder. It does require that ogg be compiled before it will compile, so if ogg failed in the libraries script, that would explain its absence. :)

Good work on solving your problem. I've seen people who would wait over a week on a thread like this for a response rather than simply try something on their own. :D
whistler

Post by whistler »

Wally4000 wrote:I hate to say this but "-lvorbisidec " indeed does not exist :)

Try -lvorbisdec

Wally
are you crazy, lol. maybe you should use google before giving out advice

edit glenn if you finally solve your problem thats great:) but if you need an example of something working then post back here
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

whistler wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:I hate to say this but "-lvorbisidec " indeed does not exist :)

Try -lvorbisdec

Wally
are you crazy, lol. maybe you should use google before giving out advice

edit glenn if you finally solve your problem thats great:) but if you need an example of something working then post back here
Wally does a good job most of the time. Everyone has a brain-fart every now and then. :)

There's no need to post back here for an example... there's several examples already in this forum. I should know - I worked on one of them. ;)