IDS damage.. repairable?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

acureon

IDS damage.. repairable?

Post by acureon »

Ok, my psp was bricked a few years ago due to a careless attempt at downgrading to 1.0 firmware (forgot to put to default settings before starting the downgrade xD)
My psp stats are the following..
JAP 1000k 1.5 original firmware fat psp
PSP Model. Standard - (TA-079v1)
Tachyon: 0x00140000 Pommel: 0x00000103
and now I unbricked it to 3.90 M33 -3 using dc5
and I ran into the following problems...

1:first of all I cannot boot my psp without that stick that I have (4gb sandisk) If I boot it without the stick I boot it with the powersupply (not my battery because I only have one and its a hardmodded pandora) and its just a black screen with the green light.. It only boots up if I put in the stick which has dc5 on it.

2:When I went to IDStorage Backup tool it said:
"Idstore index not found."

3:When I go to system files and check out system info it says "-" next to my MAC address.

4:I dont know if this has anything to do with IDS damage but..I went to Date and Time settings and set via internet it says An internal error has occurred. (80000025).

5:I cannot download updates on my 4gig sandisk, I cannot download the official 4.05 and I cannot download the 4.01 M33 one either. It says: "The download failed."

5 CONT: Not really another problem but when I tried to download the internet radio on my 4 gig stick it said "Save failed. (80010011)"
I noticed that it did not say an error code when I failed to download a firmware update but it did say the error code when I failed to download the radio. So I dont know if that has anything to do with anything xD

6: BUT on my other stick (512mb sandisk) [which I believe is fake because I could not unbrick my psp with it, I cannot boot my psp up with the 512 either.] I can download the updates on the 512 one but once downloaded I still cannot run them it says this when I try to run the official or the M33 one: "This game cannot be started. The region code is not correct."

Thank you all for reading :D
I appreciate it
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

This isn't something we deal with, but I'll explain a little. You've lost the idstorage. This is a special block in the NAND right before the flash0 partition. Unless you have a NAND dump of your NAND before you screwed it up, or a dump of the idstorage keys before you screwed it up, you're sunk. The idstorage has some keys that are "universal" and some that are unique to each particular PSP. Although you can substitute someone else's keys for the universal ones, there's currently no way to restore the unique keys (without the backup I mentioned above). Those unique keys will keep you from using much of the functionality of your PSP. I suggest you go to the lan.st forums and watch the PSP threads there, hoping someone has a breakthrough on this subject. You won't find anything here to help.
acureon

Post by acureon »

Thank you very much! :D
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

80000025 is an error related to the 0x100 key being corrupted which is responsible for DNAS (used for setting the time over the internet, amongst other things) and adhoc encryption.
If the IdStorage index cannot be found it sounds like the entire IdStorage section of your NAND is corrupted or missing, and you'll lose quite a number of functions from the PSP such as UMD reading as well as those mentioned above.
As J.F. mentioned there's a thread on lan.st which lists the functions of each key. Unfortunately many keys are unique to each PSP, so you cannot do anything for now.
acureon

Post by acureon »

oh ok thank you! Cory1492 helped me recover my keys at lan.st but i guess 0x100 is still corrupt :/ since I cannot update the time
Torch

Post by Torch »

Just flashing the IDStorage from another Phat PSP will make everything work except for UMD/Adhoc/DNAS.

You could use DC to install official firmware and give it to Sony claiming that the UMD drive isn't working.
jean

Post by jean »

Just flashing the IDStorage from another Phat PSP will make everything work except for ...
wait, wait....forgive me if i say some b***s*** (i'm not really into this hardware thing), but i used to think that big pains in the a** like this are related with S&L only.....are you saying "Just flashing the IDStorage from a Phat PSP on a slim will make everything work except for..." or you are really saying that things like that affect Phat PSPs, too???
Torch

Post by Torch »

jean wrote: wait, wait....forgive me if i say some b***s*** (i'm not really into this hardware thing), but i used to think that big pains in the a** like this are related with S&L only.....are you saying "Just flashing the IDStorage from a Phat PSP on a slim will make everything work except for..." or you are really saying that things like that affect Phat PSPs, too???
The OP has a Phat, so I said to flash another Phat's IDStorage.

If its a Slim, only flashing from another Slim will work. Make sure you use the latest version of nandTool for a Slim, so that the IDStorage is decrypted and encrypted for the destination PSP.

It isn't encrypted on the Phat so you can use other tools like IDStorage Manager to flash a key dump from another Phat.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

jean wrote:
Just flashing the IDStorage from another Phat PSP will make everything work except for ...
wait, wait....forgive me if i say some b***s*** (i'm not really into this hardware thing), but i used to think that big pains in the a** like this are related with S&L only.....are you saying "Just flashing the IDStorage from a Phat PSP on a slim will make everything work except for..." or you are really saying that things like that affect Phat PSPs, too???
Slim full idstorage is encrypted using the fuse id (an unique id per psp). But, aside of that, there are some keys like umd and region ones, that are also encrypted using that fuse id, and this affects both, phat and slim.