for PSP Slim: MyVu Personal Media Viewer Video Glasses

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mypspdev

for PSP Slim: MyVu Personal Media Viewer Video Glasses

Post by mypspdev »

I do not know anything about this device, but I'm going to pick up video and audio input standard and pinout to verify compatibility to PSP Slim Video and Audio output.
In case it's compatible, modifying Video cables something could be realized.

Anybody tried to adapt this device to PSP Slim?

regards to all...
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You should be able to use that with the Sony composite cable and the MyVu universal cable (which is just a composite video/stereo audio cable). No hacking needed.

If you look at the product page (learn more link), you'll find they have an "all-in-one" package for each that includes an ipod cable and the universal cable.

http://www.myvu.com/Products.html
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

Thanks Joseph for confirmation, hope usefull for everybody interested, too. One more piece of hardware attached to our pocket device.... riding around with GPS maps, Heart rate in front of one eye and Speech synthesys/recognition for messaging on screen views.....
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Just think - your "first person shooter" would REALLY be first person. :)
Ruj89

Post by Ruj89 »

cool feature! Expensive but amazing!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

What I want to get some time is one with head tracking. That way you can have the game change the view as you turn your head.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

J.F. wrote:What I want to get some time is one with head tracking. That way you can have the game change the view as you turn your head.
Motion Sensor? ... already available as you know for PSP .....
Good idea!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

mypspdev wrote:
J.F. wrote:What I want to get some time is one with head tracking. That way you can have the game change the view as you turn your head.
Motion Sensor? ... already available as you know for PSP .....
Good idea!
I was referring to glasses like the ones above, but with motion sensing built in. That's called head tracking. You want it in the glassess so it can track your head as you turn it so that the PSP can change to output according to where you are looking. The main problem is cost - while glasses like the ones in the thread run a few hundred dollars, one's with head tracking run a few thousand.
kralyk

Post by kralyk »

well maybe you could use Raphael's Motion kit + hall generator or something to get the direction...
...sorry for my english...
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

kralyk wrote:well maybe you could use Raphael's Motion kit + hall generator or something to get the direction...
The only motion sensor I've seen for the PSP is for the Phat, not the Slim. If it plugs into the remote jack (like the existing one), it would also prevent you from using video out. You'd need to make a "homebrew" motion sensor on the glasses. I'm mostly waiting for the price of existing systems to come down rather than do that.
mypspdev

Post by mypspdev »

J.F. wrote: The only motion sensor I've seen for the PSP is for the Phat, not the Slim. ....
A good reason to hacking the motion sensor for PSP and adapt it to the pinout of the Slim as well as audio-video output pins are different from SIO pins..... isn't it challenging?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

mypspdev wrote:
J.F. wrote: The only motion sensor I've seen for the PSP is for the Phat, not the Slim. ....
A good reason to hacking the motion sensor for PSP and adapt it to the pinout of the Slim as well as audio-video output pins are different from SIO pins..... isn't it challenging?
Don't forget the difference in voltage between the two. For all we know, the motion sensor for the Phat may need a level changer to work with the Slim. I guess that's something someone experimenting with that would have to determine. It would be interesting to know if it did work though. :)