dc v6 graphics

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

krosk

Post by krosk »

Hey moonlight, how's the vlf going?
I'm sure you will surprise us with a lot of new things in the next release ;)

[spanish]
Tomatelo con calma, que debes estar de exámenes hasta arriba ;)
(Si los rumores son verídicos, tu eres estudiante universitario)
[/spanish]
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I'm currently implementing lateral menu (that menu that appears when pressing triangle on same place in vsh).

After this, and implementing inputbox+osk, png, and fixing the background issue, I will release. I'll leave text position bugs for another release.
I'm also thinking of making a C++ and D OOP wrappers, but that will be after the release,
krosk

Post by krosk »

moonlight wrote:I'm currently implementing lateral menu (that menu that appears when pressing triangle on same place in vsh).

After this, and implementing inputbox+osk, png, and fixing the background issue, I will release. I'll leave text position bugs for another release.
I'm also thinking of making a C++ and D OOP wrappers, but that will be after the release,
Cool! I can't wait for it...
DC v8 uses a new version of vlf or it's just the latest published version?
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

krosk wrote:
moonlight wrote:I'm currently implementing lateral menu (that menu that appears when pressing triangle on same place in vsh).

It is an old version, a bit newer than the used in DC7 but not too much. Its only change was a function that causes to fade objects in a rectangle area with a callback reporting the end of fade, since DC8 uses small fast fade effects when changing between pages.
krosk

Post by krosk »

moonlight wrote:
krosk wrote:

It is an old version, a bit newer than the used in DC7 but not too much. Its only change was a function that causes to fade objects in a rectangle area with a callback reporting the end of fade, since DC8 uses small fast fade effects when changing between pages.
Thanks for the information :)

And thanks also for your hard work doing this world possible ;)
I can't wait for your next release!

PD: on all vlf I tested, there was a bug loading the cnf_usb resource from topmenu_icon or topmenu_plugin(using 3.40 RCO)
k!rk

Post by k!rk »

Sounds great. :)
krosk

Post by krosk »

k!rk wrote:

Sounds great. :)
Yes, and with this things I'll can finish the XMB Shell :)
manneke

Post by manneke »

Already some progress on the vlflib?
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Give moonlight some time. Its not a library that can be done in one day. Its not easy to do what moonlight is doing.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Can you add a 'Text' Spin Control ? Like the one in the HTML Viewer Options menu where you can choose between 'On' and 'Off'.

Or is this the same as 'IP' Spin Control you mentioned earlier thats not yet implemented??

And regarding the lateral menu, it will be accessible even for buttons other than Triangle right? Because in the XMB, the System Settings uses lateral menu for choosing the options when you press X on a setting.

Also can you add the sound effects for the controls? :D
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Sound is planned for 2.0. Those new spin controls, I will implement it them in 1.1, since this version is basically finished, I only need to fiinish documentation and make some sample.

The lateral menu appears when the programmer chooses, so it is not related to any button.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Another thing. Is it possible to set the alignment of the text inside the central menu?

In the official menus, all the items are left justified like this:

Code: Select all

Short Item
      Looooooong Item
      Shrt Itm
Looks neater when the menu items are of different lengths.

Also, the official hilighter box 'slides' up and down smoothly, not jumps instantly.
Also the official one does not loop from the other end if you keep pressing up/down after the last item.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

The text of lateral menu is set to the left automatically and it does not loop.
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:The text of lateral menu is set to the left automatically and it does not loop.
I was talking about the CENTRAL menu. Like the DC main menu. In that one the text is center aligned always. In official central menu, the text is left aligned and looks neater.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Well i guess I could add options to set style of central menus in 1.1.
Torch

Post by Torch »

How do I disable the central menu from responding to buttons while fading out?
EDIT: NVM, had to return remove_handlers.
krosk

Post by krosk »

I hope we'll see the 1.0 version soon
bayo

Post by bayo »

Edit: Solved.
raing3

Post by raing3 »

Thanks for the awesome library amazingly better than having white text on a black screen and you have already implemented so many of the controls and various other functions. However I was hoping you would be able to add some of the following when you get around to it:

- Option to show a VLF dialog with no button (including no back button). You would also have to add a way to get rid of the dialog probably or make it disappear when another VLF dialog tries to show. An example of what I mean is the waiting screen when you format the Memory Stick on the system.

- I'm not sure if the firmware can already do this but if not could you please make it possible to query text from an RCO file and instead of having to add it to the screen somewhere could you make it return the localized string.

- Lastly it would also be great to have one of the text box type thing like what the update log and the EULA are shown in when installing a firmware update.

Anyway again great work with the library but I can't wait until it becomes more documented... I keep having troubles doing some stuff like pages, progress bars and the spinners. But most of the stuff I can get working easy... Can't wait for the update.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I have currently no control over the message dialog because it uses utility. In version 2.0 i plan to use my own code, so I will not have the limitations of utility, like buttons one or being unable to use unicode in message dialogs.

About the second one, I think it is vlfGuiLoadLabel what you need, it returns the string of a resource in the currently selected language.If you need to get it from other language you can temporally set the current language using vlfGuiSetLanguage, which doesn't affect flash.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

http://dark-alex.org/vlf10.zip

If the link doesn''t work, copy paste the url to a new tab/window.

It is here finally. Note that the library is incompatible with old version. Now all Add function return a pointer (an opaque type), not an integer. Intrafont.prx has also changed slightly, so make sure to use new intrafont.prx.
There are two version of the library, one with png support, and other without it. The one with png support additionally exports png and zlib functions in vlfutils.

Plans for future versions are like this:

1.1 C++ and D oop wrappers,add some missing functions and add other style to central menu,

2.0 Sound support, fix position bugs, and implement messagedialog natively.

There may be other versions in between. Also at some point I will look at how the new waves are drawn, it is not a gmo model.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Link is not working right now.

EDIT:
Copy & Paste not work also firefox.
Works in IE.
hibbyware

Post by hibbyware »

Torch wrote:Link is not working right now.

EDIT:
Copy & Paste not work also firefox.
Works in IE.
Copy & Paste works for me in Firefox,
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I still don¡t understand why the link doesn't work directly, it is a bit odd... since it is the correct address of the file.
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:I still don¡t understand why the link doesn't work directly, it is a bit odd... since it is the correct address of the file.
Server is returning HTTP/301 when the the referrer is ps2dev
Anti-hotlink protection probably.

EDIT: I have a Smart Submit plugin that makes all links incl javascript links work in new tab, that must have been inserting the referrer also when i pasted in new tab.
Last edited by Torch on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Well, we'll look at that later to correct it.
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

Thanks moonlight
Upgrade your PSP
kompas

Post by kompas »

Torch wrote:
moonlight wrote:I still don¡t understand why the link doesn't work directly, it is a bit odd... since it is the correct address of the file.
Server is returning HTTP/301 when the the referrer is ps2dev
Anti-hotlink protection probably.

EDIT: I have a Smart Submit plugin that makes all links incl javascript links work in new tab, that must have been inserting the referrer also when i pasted in new tab.
Solved , Now working
Torch

Post by Torch »

kompas wrote:Solved , Now working
Ya, working now.
You is Alek or someone ? :P
phobox

Post by phobox »

in crt0 file you have called vlfGuiInit(15000, app_main);
where 15000 are the kilos of heap, right?
how do you choose that value? or a least how should it be choosen? how much free space vlf lib needs?
Ciao! from Italy