RemoteJoyLite port to Linux based system

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ZackVixACD

RemoteJoyLite port to Linux based system

Post by ZackVixACD »

Hello Everyone,

So I am in love with Tyranid RemoteJoyLite program. Unfortunately, the program is written for windows platform (with evil MFC functions). Apparently there is no port (yet) for Linux system.

Probably someone needs to start doing it. I have already set up my psptoolchain on my Ubuntu 9.10 and have written couple of simple homebrew programs. Now What I would like to do is to port RemoteJoyLite to Linux.
So:
1) is Tyranid okay with me doing it?
2) is Anyone willing to help?

Thanks
404 not found
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

RemoteJoyLite is not mine, well the basic core is but it is actually implemented as a standalone thing by a Japanese guy (who doesn't even give me any credit, ah well :P).

Knock yourself out :) Of course as far as I know it _might_ be compatible with the basic RemoteJoySDL application anyway, maybe...
ZackVixACD

Post by ZackVixACD »

Pity that people don't give credits where it is due :(
I actually never thought of using it with the basic remotejoySDL. I will try it and let you know how it goes.
404 not found
Torch

Post by Torch »

What library is the joystick.h in? I can't compile it under cygwin even after installing every remotely related lib I could find.
ZackVixACD

Post by ZackVixACD »

Torch wrote:What library is the joystick.h in? I can't compile it under cygwin even after installing every remotely related lib I could find.
Now I am not too sure about it. This looks like it is from DirectX/DirectInput library (I am not too sure though)
404 not found
Torch

Post by Torch »

ZackVixACD wrote:
Torch wrote:What library is the joystick.h in? I can't compile it under cygwin even after installing every remotely related lib I could find.
Now I am not too sure about it. This looks like it is from DirectX/DirectInput library (I am not too sure though)
It uses SDL.
ZackVixACD

Post by ZackVixACD »

after running the command "locate joystick.h" on my linux machine, that's what I found

Code: Select all

/usr/include/SDL/SDL_joystick.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.27-11/include/linux/joystick.h
So apparently it is a linux include file.
404 not found
Torch

Post by Torch »

Do you know which library that's from? It seems to come stock with Linux distros.
ZackVixACD

Post by ZackVixACD »

It might be the libc6-dev.
usually when you run a "build essential" command in Ubuntu all those are installed automatically, so I didn't catch the name of the lib.

Edit: it is linux-libc-dev
404 not found
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

Last I checked it was dependant on some windows libraries, but I might take a gander into it as well, I'll post if I find anything useful.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
Rich43

Post by Rich43 »

I think the ps2dev remote joy only does nethostfs?
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Eh?
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

Rich43 wrote:I think the ps2dev remote joy only does nethostfs?
No, it works with like all of the *hostfs's, last I checked. I know for sure it works with usbhostfs, though.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn