[solved] ../scripts/007-gdb-6.8.sh: Failed.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

nemesis

[solved] ../scripts/007-gdb-6.8.sh: Failed.

Post by nemesis »

good evening..

i just checked out the recent version (2458) of the psptoolchain and it seems to have slight problems compiling gdb-6.8 successfully. last few compile lines:

Code: Select all

gcc -c -g -O2   -I. -I../../gdb -I../../gdb/config -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/local/pspdev/share/locale\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../gdb/../include/opcode -I../../gdb/../readline/.. -I../bfd -I../../gdb/../bfd -I../../gdb/../include -I../libdecnumber -I../../gdb/../libdecnumber   -DMI_OUT=1 -DTUI=1  -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-nonliteral -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused -Wno-switch -Wno-char-subscripts -Werror ../../gdb/value.c
gcc -c -g -O2   -I. -I../../gdb -I../../gdb/config -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/local/pspdev/share/locale\"" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../gdb/../include/opcode -I../../gdb/../readline/.. -I../bfd -I../../gdb/../bfd -I../../gdb/../include -I../libdecnumber -I../../gdb/../libdecnumber   -DMI_OUT=1 -DTUI=1  -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-nonliteral -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused -Wno-switch -Wno-char-subscripts -Werror ../../gdb/eval.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
../../gdb/eval.c: In function ?evaluate_subexp_standard?:
../../gdb/eval.c:1705: error: ?subscript_array? may be used uninitialized in this function
make[2]: *** [eval.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory 
`/home/nem/psptoolchain/build/gdb-6.8/build-psp/gdb'
make[1]: *** [all-gdb] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/nem/psptoolchain/build/gdb-6.8/build-psp'
make: *** [all] Error 2
../scripts/007-gdb-6.8.sh: Failed.
anybody experiencing a similar problem or is there even a workaround available?
this is on a freshly installed archlinux.

and here's just something that i'm interested in. this warning's filling the screen during quite a major part of the toolchaincompilation:

warning: invoking macro VEC_TA_GTY argument 4: empty macro arguments are undefined in ISO C90 and ISO C++98
is this toolchainrelated?

thanks.
Last edited by nemesis on Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Did you have the right versions of gcc libtool autoconf and automake?

I dont think the toolchian is defect. i compiled it yesterday myself.

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

comparing the versions of gcc i found out that i used gcc-4.4 (added to the arch-repo some days ago - didn't see that coming).. i downgraded to 4.3.3 and it worked..
thanks for that hint :)