SDL and SceGu examples?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jo3_sum

SDL and SceGu examples?

Post by jo3_sum »

After searching for some sort of an example of using structures and functions specifically initializing and drawing related functions for both SDL and the psp's GU which should work with each other seamlessly, I failed to any. If you know of any examples or certain certain functions to use that will be helpful. I also don't have an immediate psp to test eboots; however, I use SDL and OpenGL on my computer and concerning OpenGL, I try to simulate only the similar functions that psp's Gu can use. Thanks.
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

well if you can get this to work then maybe there can be sceUtility dialogs with SDL
pspwill

Post by pspwill »

I remember an app from the early days named Fake Updater. I believe this was one of DA's first apps for the PSP and if i remember correctly it used SDL and utility message dialogs and the source code was included with it.. I'm sure you could still find somewhere.
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

thanks searched and followed links and got this
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TCI80TYM

it appears he did it in a separate thread thought i tried before but will try again thanks again
jo3_sum

Post by jo3_sum »

Thanks, but this does not use -lpspgu or -lpspgum. I'm interested in using them for 3D programs.
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

have u tried pspgl which is opengl for the psp although not fully ported but most majorly used functions are there and SDL can be built for psp so that it uses pspgl as opengl so that you can have opengl with SDL on the psp
jo3_sum

Post by jo3_sum »

I actually looked at it before. I would use it, but it doesn't support GL_QUADS or GL_POLYGONS.