An info please

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pegasus2000

An info please

Post by pegasus2000 »

How many big is the free memory ram when a program is started on PSP FAT ?
CFW 3.71 M33-4.

I mean: the memory ram would be lesser than 32 Mb: a part of it is occupied by programs, data and prx. Do you have an indicative value ?
Allelujah

Post by Allelujah »

You might also want to try meminfo function from PSPLINK, It shows detailed information on every partition of PSP's memory like base, size, totalfree & maxfree.
Noko

Post by Noko »

Try mallocing 32MB, then 31MB, then 30 MB, until malloc succeeds.
Torch

Post by Torch »

There is 24MB free in the user memory partition. When you start your application, its code will be loaded into this. So if your program code is 1MB, you will have 23MB of user memory left. You can allocate from this space.

The remaining 8MB partition is kernel memory. You *can* load some small stuff here (most of it will be occupied by the kernel).

On the Slim PSP you can use the regular 24MB user memory as well as the extra 32MB as if it was user memory.
pegasus2000

Post by pegasus2000 »

Torch wrote:There is 24MB free in the user memory partition. When you start your application, its code will be loaded into this. So if your program code is 1MB, you will have 23MB of user memory left. You can allocate from this space.

The remaining 8MB partition is kernel memory. You *can* load some small stuff here (most of it will be occupied by the kernel).

On the Slim PSP you can use the regular 24MB user memory as well as the extra 32MB as if it was user memory.
Thanks Torch. I'm checking the data memory of nd, and the system reported a value similar to 24 Mb when the Hello world starts. So, I had to verify if it was the normal behaviour.