upload a pspsdk for ppc?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

gott_gott

upload a pspsdk for ppc?

Post by gott_gott »

From J.F. :

Okay, here's the archive with pspdev. It's the very latest, just built over the last day. It's got everything except for gdb (wouldn't build), insight (wouldn't build because gdb didn't build), and psplinkusb (also wouldn't build). It's got all the standard libraries. It also has the full M33 SDK at pspdev/SDK. I tested it by building Basilisk II, so I know the toolchain and libs work... on 10.3.9. I would assume 10.5 is backwards compatible. Guess you'll find out. :D

You still need to install X11, Xcode, the X11SDK, and MacPorts. To build some projects, you may need to install (via MacPorts) some packages like pkg_config and autogen. You don't need ALL the dependencies needed to build the toolchain because I've already built it. You just need whatever the minimum is to RUN it. Don't forget the environment variables.

The link for MacPorts

The sdk
MD5: 3020D7C040D8BC3F926C9FE438A5835A

For PPC Mac OSX!! It's about 62 MB.

Assuming you decompress the archive to a directory like "/Users/your_user_name/Tools/pspdev", then the exports would be:

Code:

Code: Select all

export PSPDEV="/Users/your_user_name/Tools/pspdev"
export PSPSDK="$PSPDEV/psp/sdk"
export PSPPATH="$PSPDEV/bin:$PSPDEV/psp/bin:$PSPSDK/bin"
export PATH="$PATH:$PSPPATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PSPDEV/psp/lib/pkgconfig"

You can add those to the bash config file with:

vim .bash_profile
after paste enter press ESC,then

:wq
, or just cut and paste them into the terminal when you open it. Then just cd to the directory of the psp project you wish to build and do the normal gcc make procedure.
Last edited by gott_gott on Sat May 09, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

what is your os for PPC --> aix ?
gott_gott

Post by gott_gott »

Mac OSX Leopard
gott_gott

Post by gott_gott »

solved
Last edited by gott_gott on Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature.
You can read it or not.
It's ur choice.
;D
ardatan

Post by ardatan »

Try using Microsoft Virtual PC and run linux or wxp... Install pspsdk on cygwin or linux...
I'm sorry for my bad English.
gott_gott

dl

Post by gott_gott »

solved
Last edited by gott_gott on Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature.
You can read it or not.
It's ur choice.
;D
gott_gott

Post by gott_gott »

solved
Last edited by gott_gott on Sat May 09, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature.
You can read it or not.
It's ur choice.
;D
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Sorry, all I got is Panther for PPC. My Leo is x86 only. Actually, I run linux on my PPC these days... it gives me something more up to date without stressing the older hardware (a G3 iMac).
gott_gott

Post by gott_gott »

solved
Last edited by gott_gott on Sat May 09, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature.
You can read it or not.
It's ur choice.
;D
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Why don't you just try to build it yourself since noone seems to have a development machine like you?

It is quite simple, all you need is a small set of open source applications:

binutils, gcc, make, bash, svn

just checkout the psptoolchain project and try to run the build script.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I'll see if I can't do it in 10.3... it may work for 10.5 as well, but clearly you'll have to be patient. Devs here generally don't have a lot of time. Sometimes, it takes days just to get an answer, much less tools. I've got to dig through the forum here for the threads on building the tools in OSX, see if I can get that to work in 10.3, then test the toolchain to see if it even works (I remember there being endian issues with some of the tools at one point in time; the tools were all hard coded for little endian platforms, and the PPC is big endian).
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Okay, here's the archive with pspdev. It's the very latest, just built over the last day. It's got everything except for gdb (wouldn't build), insight (wouldn't build because gdb didn't build), and psplinkusb (also wouldn't build). It's got all the standard libraries. It also has the full M33 SDK at pspdev/SDK. I tested it by building Basilisk II, so I know the toolchain and libs work... on 10.3.9. I would assume 10.5 is backwards compatible. Guess you'll find out. :D

You still need to install X11, Xcode, the X11SDK, and MacPorts. To build some projects, you may need to install (via MacPorts) some packages like pkg_config and autogen. You don't need ALL the dependencies needed to build the toolchain because I've already built it. You just need whatever the minimum is to RUN it. Don't forget the environment variables.

The link for MacPorts is:
http://www.macports.org/install.php

http://rapidshare.com/files/230145659/p ... c.zip.html
MD5: 3020D7C040D8BC3F926C9FE438A5835A

The link is only good for ten downloads, and/or thirty days, so don't download this if you don't need the toolchain for PPC Mac OSX!! It's about 62 MB.

Assuming you decompress the archive to a directory like "/Users/your_user_name/Tools/pspdev", then the exports would be:

export PSPDEV="/Users/your_user_name/Tools/pspdev"
export PSPSDK="$PSPDEV/psp/sdk"
export PSPPATH="$PSPDEV/bin:$PSPDEV/psp/bin:$PSPSDK/bin"
export PATH="$PATH:$PSPPATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PSPDEV/psp/lib/pkgconfig"
You can add those to the bash config file, or just cut and paste them into the terminal when you open it. Then just cd to the directory of the psp project you wish to build and do the normal gcc make procedure.
gott_gott

Post by gott_gott »

solved
This is my signature.
You can read it or not.
It's ur choice.
;D