Playstation Store Patch in development?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

Playstation Store Patch in development?

Post by Dariusc123456 »

After the news about 5.00m33-6 users cant access the PSS - Playstation Store - and after my warning located at http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=11122 , are there in patches in development? I'd tried not to ask, but since many people said they will make a "patch" for the store, well where is it?
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

~ Yeah, is there a patch? I can't use PSN store in 1.50 cfw PoC!

Big surprise, the firmware PSN component changed something between 5.00 and 5.51 that causes an update prompt when they instituted something new that uses it on the server side.

Why are you trying to use 5.00m33 on psn and (after reading that thread) expecting any support on it here of all places? I mean, even I read earlier there is already a non-m33 5.50 cfw that has no such problems (sounds like a pretty thorough 'patch' if you ask me.)
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Are you talking about 5.50 GEN ? Most homebrew wont run on there and they have some stupid things thats included.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Are you talking about 5.50 GEN ? Most homebrew wont run on there
I have no issue running homebrews on their 5.03HEN, I don't know why there would be any issues on their 5.50CFW...
Do you have examples of homebrews that don't run, or are you just repeating what you read on other forums?

There hasn't been any m33 update in months, if you really want to access psn then you should probably switch to GEN anyways, otherwise you're going to wait for a while I think.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Irshell dont work - Crash on the Splash screen. CFWE Crashes, and popsloader, vlf.prx dont work, nethostfs.prx & usbhostfs.prx crashes somewhat when using it.

The only reason that Sony haven't stop 5.50 because Team GEN dont support for ISO Backups. Team GEN "means" no harm to them, even if Team GEN got Sony Private keys.

Where is DAX when we need him. Ever since 5.50 release, we haven't got a damn word from him. Did he give up making cfw m33? We dont have no patch, no 5.50 m33, no dax.

EDIT:

I wonder if DAX is Team GEN?
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Irshell dont work - Crash on the Splash screen.
Magixien states that IRShell works, except for ISO Loading which use natives m33 code. You probably have to edit your config file, I guess.
source
CFWE Crashes
if you mean CFWEnabler I don't understand why you would need it on top of a CFW
If you mean CFWExtender I'm not sure exactly what this does...
, and popsloader
A compatible version was released 2 weeks ago:
http://www.pspgen.com/popsloader-for-5- ... 88196.html

vlf.prx dont work, nethostfs.prx & usbhostfs.prx crashes somewhat when using it.
Can't tell for thos, see my suggestion below to submit bug reports.

The only reason that Sony haven't stop 5.50 because Team GEN dont support for ISO Backups.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you say Team GEN officialy stated they are against piracy, yes, and I believe it's the same for m33. If you are saying that the GEN firmwares don't load isos, I think you are wrong.
And neither of those are a good reason for Sony to not block GEN. I believe Sony's code does a specific check to detect m33, which fails when you have GEN, or that GEN's code is more up to date and includes the extra check (from 5.50 OFW maybe ?)

Team GEN "means" no harm to them, even if Team GEN got Sony Private keys.
You should stop drugs, it's bad for brain cells.

Not trying to say GEN is the best firmware ever or anything here, I'm unrelated to them (and I'm currently on 5.00m33).
I'm just concerned that most reports I've seen regarding their firmwares sound like they were made by haters who decided to start a religious war for nothing. I think this is unhealthy. And I was concerned you were just posting stuff you've read somewhere else, but obviously not, you've really encountered issues with this firmware.

Also I think GEN is currently your best option to access the PSN, and for future updates...

By the way, they have an english corner, and you could submit bug reports there, I guess. You'll have more chances to get updates than on the M33 firmware nowadays.
http://www.pspgen.com/forums/english-corner-f128.html
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

willow :--) wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:Irshell dont work - Crash on the Splash screen.
Magixien states that IRShell works, except for ISO Loading which use natives m33 code. You probably have to edit your config file, I guess.
source
CFWE Crashes
if you mean CFWEnabler I don't understand why you would need it on top of a CFW
If you mean CFWExtender I'm not sure exactly what this does...
, and popsloader
A compatible version was released 2 weeks ago:
http://www.pspgen.com/popsloader-for-5- ... 88196.html

vlf.prx dont work, nethostfs.prx & usbhostfs.prx crashes somewhat when using it.
Can't tell for thos, see my suggestion below to submit bug reports.

The only reason that Sony haven't stop 5.50 because Team GEN dont support for ISO Backups.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you say Team GEN officialy stated they are against piracy, yes, and I believe it's the same for m33. If you are saying that the GEN firmwares don't load isos, I think you are wrong.
And neither of those are a good reason for Sony to not block GEN. I believe Sony's code does a specific check to detect m33, which fails when you have GEN, or that GEN's code is more up to date and includes the extra check (from 5.50 OFW maybe ?)

Team GEN "means" no harm to them, even if Team GEN got Sony Private keys.
You should stop drugs, it's bad for brain cells.

Not trying to say GEN is the best firmware ever or anything here, I'm unrelated to them (and I'm currently on 5.00m33).
I'm just concerned that most reports I've seen regarding their firmwares sound like they were made by haters who decided to start a religious war for nothing. I think this is unhealthy. And I was concerned you were just posting stuff you've read somewhere else, but obviously not, you've really encountered issues with this firmware.

Also I think GEN is currently your best option to access the PSN, and for future updates...

By the way, they have an english corner, and you could submit bug reports there, I guess. You'll have more chances to get updates than on the M33 firmware nowadays.
http://www.pspgen.com/forums/english-corner-f128.html
Sony PSS detects when the fw is below 5.50. OFW or CFW, they are screwed. Sony did it because DAX wont make 5.50 m33, and because of the new PSP Go updates, since it dont support UMD Drive (to limit ISO Backups). I think that they are getting help from Mircosoft. Sony is to dumb, but smart to think of anything like this.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?