USBHostFS Without Memory Stick?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

EmrldDrgn

USBHostFS Without Memory Stick?

Post by EmrldDrgn »

My PSP recently fell off my desk, causing the flap door to open and the memory stick spring to release and fling my memory stick straight down the vent on the radiator in my dorm room. There is no way to get it back, at least until the semester is over. Lucky me!

Is it possible for me to use USBHostFS without having a memory stick? Or maybe even NetHostFS? I could probably get a small memory stick on a temporary basis, it's a big campus... But in the long term I don't have the cash to get a new one anytime soon. Help?
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Just buy a new one. they are not expensive.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
ab5000

Re: USBHostFS Without Memory Stick?

Post by ab5000 »

EmrldDrgn wrote:My PSP recently fell off my desk, causing the flap door to open and the memory stick spring to release and fling my memory stick straight down the vent on the radiator in my dorm room. There is no way to get it back, at least until the semester is over. Lucky me!

Is it possible for me to use USBHostFS without having a memory stick? Or maybe even NetHostFS? I could probably get a small memory stick on a temporary basis, it's a big campus... But in the long term I don't have the cash to get a new one anytime soon. Help?
you can code a plugin to mount usbhostfs and reassing ms0 to host0.
then flash tha plugin and modify the configuration files in the flash to make your plugin load at boot.

%&#58;include<stdio.h>
int _&#40;int __,int ___,int ____,int _____&#41;
<%for&#40;;____<___;_____=_____*__,____++&#41;;
return _____;%>main&#40;&#41;<%printf
&#40;"%d\n",_&#40;2,5,0,1&#41;&#41;;%>
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

I won't risk a brick when I can buy a new ms for about 20 euro (25 dollar)

int main&#40;&#41;&#123;
     SetupCallbacks&#40;&#41;;
     makeNiceGame&#40;&#41;;
     sceKernelExitGame&#40;&#41;;
&#125;
Torch

Re: USBHostFS Without Memory Stick?

Post by Torch »

ab5000 wrote:you can code a plugin to mount usbhostfs and reassing ms0 to host0.
then flash tha plugin and modify the configuration files in the flash to make your plugin load at boot.
When there is a memory stick already in the slot the reassignment is relatively simple, but I think when there is no memory stick inserted it doesn't work like that. You'd probably have to handle other things first.