PSP>PS2 Link

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Falkon

PSP>PS2 Link

Post by Falkon »

I was wondering, with the proper USB cables (which you should have if you have hooked your PSP up to your computer) would it be possible to link the PSP to the PS2 and somehow transfer files (Like gamesaves or something). After all, they were both made with USB connection in mind, and the PSP is very similar in coding to the PS2.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

well when you plug a PSP into your computer it appears simply as a mass storgae device. And since we have a mass storage driver for the ps2 it guess the psp would act as any other thumb drive, portable HD or ipod and work fine.
Of course you don't get access to any PSP stuff, but then again you dont either on PC
Damn, I need a decent signature!

Post by Guest »

Well, the most recent incarnations of the PSX have software specifically for communicating with the PSP and transferring content, especially for ripping videos to MP4. However, its not quite a PS2, or I should say, its way more ;)

But I do not know of Sony yet releasing anything for the PS2 itself.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Such a thing does exist. The USB cable I bought (made by the Action Replay people) came with a PS2 mini-cd that boots a program for transferring your PS2 savegames to the PSP memorycard.
w00t
Awhite

Post by Awhite »

Wasn't the newest AR MAX supposed to make the ps2 able to copy save games to USB Storage Devices? (all the kinds) I guess you could use psp to transfer saves..but nothing else...
Ioannis KarAvas
fwaggle

Post by fwaggle »

btw you're supposed to be able to connect the usb cable up to a playstation2 running metal gear solid 3, and a psp running metal gear acid (once you've completed MGA) and do some bonus shit. i have no idea what exactly this is, or if it's only for the jp versions of the games or what... it's just what i read somewhere in the hints and tricks guide.

wish i could find a link, at the moment it's just hear-say.

fwaggle
qyqgpower

Post by qyqgpower »

Yes, MGA JP Ver. can connect to PS2 and give MGS3 some special items, and another game: ARMORED CORE FORMULA FRONT both on psp and ps2 can communicate the data on both platform. so the communication between psp and ps2 isn't a problem.