New Korean web browser question.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Busby

New Korean web browser question.

Post by Busby »

With the release of the new Korea UMD's which have the dedicated browser do you think that if we managed to get a copy of this that there will be a way to stream movie's straight from your pc?

For example we can currently using Wipeout's browser display content from our pc's onto the browser but obviosuly only what the limited browser supports.

With the new browser allowing reportedly movies to be played via the web would it also be possible to do this via our pc's? albiet via some sort of workaround?

Would be great for those not wanting to buy huge memory sticks.

Thanks
Taviox

Re: New Korean web browser question.

Post by Taviox »

Busby wrote: Would be great for those not wanting to buy huge memory sticks.
Yes... you'll just have to take your pc with you everywhere...
Taviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiox !
Busby

Post by Busby »

for those not wanting to buy huge memory sticks but still use it in the home for big movies etc :)
kry.sys

Post by kry.sys »

or the wireless laptop in my backpack with a 80+ gig HDD. or any wireless enabled nas hdd with a configureable access point and web server. (theres one or 2 of the All-in-one nas's out there)

of course ill be a mobile "open" access point to a huge repository of movies and music. ill wear a shirt that says.. use your PSP now for free movies.. and follow me. the possibilities... i have my laptop set up for this now for my home.. i just havent gotten the t-shirt yet. or the public browser to work.

btw... mobile access point for movies and music to get chicks to follow me = my cool idea!!! :P (when in reality it will be a bunch of little kids and nerds...) the psp pied piper effect.
qleyo

Post by qleyo »

They've released a browser you are saying?

or they plan to? is this going to work the same as Wipeout does presently?

My plans were to work on a stand alone browser, but seems like its already been done?
Energy

Post by Energy »

qleyo wrote:They've released a browser you are saying?

or they plan to? is this going to work the same as Wipeout does presently?

My plans were to work on a stand alone browser, but seems like its already been done?
It's a browser that from what I've heard is pretty limited (can't it only go on one site) but it allows the user to watch movies and stuff. Being released with the Korean PSP on May 27th (isn't it?) some kind of online pack.

What's being suggested should work. Would be cool. A wireless network in your house dedicated to the PSP when you log on a selection of movies and at this rate games! (hope they can hack the 1.5 browser!)