Few Questions pls

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Noverca1is

Few Questions pls

Post by Noverca1is »

Newbie with questions

Hello everyone:
im curious to know about psp 1.0 firmware:

What else do I need to know about the PSP 1.0:

1- I know I cant play UMD region 1 movies:

-however I can always get a 1 gig duo memory stick, covert it and run it off mem stick correct?????
-I can always get the region 2 with subtitles n play it
- or wait for the english UK version UMD movies correct...

2 - with the PSP 1.0, i wont UPDATE it, meaning I missing out on "SOME" games or "ALL" psp games?

- basically, can I purcahse Dynasty Warrior and play it on my PSP 1.0???
List of games im curious if its playable or will they all force me to update:

Dynasty Warrior
Need for Speed
Bleach
Twisted metal
Metal Gear
THUG 2
wipeout pure (browser reason only)

3 - which Wipeout I need? pure correct? doesnt matter jap or Us version?

4 - any other information, PRO's and CON's about having the 1.0? thank you in advance.

#2 is important and expect an answer please.

---------------------------------------------

Other recommendation products I should get?

I have a case/bag
need USB port, will purchase soon
got a screen protector

any good baterry life source??? I heard power brick explodes...
dont kick the newbie

Re: Few Questions pls

Post by Guest »

Noverca1is wrote:1- I know I cant play UMD region 1 movies:
-however I can always get a 1 gig duo memory stick, covert it and run it off mem stick correct?????
Except there is no way to rip UMD movies since only the PSP can play them. But of course you can rip any DVD or other video source and play it from memstick. So the UMD issue is kinda moot point. If it bothers you, don't buy UMD movies, buy the DVD version.
Noverca1is wrote:2 - with the PSP 1.0, i wont UPDATE it, meaning I missing out on "SOME" games or "ALL" psp games?
I would imagine the earliest games won't be a problem. :P
It should be pretty easier to research specific titles on the net. I don't think anyone is keeping a list, nor will research one just for you. Of course I am sure you merely hoped someone already made a list, but no.
Noverca1is wrote:4 - any other information, PRO's and CON's about having the 1.0? thank you in advance.
PRO - homebrew hacking.
CON - Can't update if you want PRO.
Noverca1is wrote:#2 is important and expect an answer please.
We don't exist to give answers to people who presume to expect them. As I said in #2, you will need to figure it out on your own. It won't be hard.
any good baterry life source??? I heard power brick explodes...
You are hanging out with the wrong people.
Noverca1is

Post by Noverca1is »

thank you for the reply...
alright, pretaining to the "early games"... up until what date do I need to stop?

any games after MARCH wont be playable on 1.0? I can do the research but I need a reference to distinguish what is able to be played and what arent, and hell I will make the list myself and post it.. but I dont know where the "LINE" is.

----------
yeah I'll just rip dvd, no biggie there
-----------

any other recommend things i need to know bout psp 1.0?

-------------

lastly, it just dawned on me, since i purchased and confirmed the psp is 1.0 with the seller and got a pic of the screen and homebrew app on it...

HOW is the "UPDATE" process goes?
does it tell me, do I ewant to continue, so I can say NO, or auto if i do something.. basically, the DO's n DONT's so I dont accidently NOOB my psp into 1.5 :)
dont kick the newbie
Histo

Post by Histo »

I believe the first game they released with an update built in was the 1.51 update which would have been on 05-11-05. So I would worry about anything after that point.