Programming N00b

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

dzer0

Programming N00b

Post by dzer0 »

Hi. Ive had prior experience in VB and some basic C++. I just downloaded the PSPSDK and installed it and everything. I went to \psp\sdk\samples and found the .c file and started poking around and changing some basic stuff. Now i want to compile and im lost. I know i need to run it through elf2pbp later but i need help figuring out how to compile to an elf in the first place. Any help at all would be appreciated. I would prefer to use BATs, but if someone can even help me run the makefile that would be nice.

MSN: chaseslabaugh@attbi.com

thanks,
d0
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

using cygwin, just type 'make kxploit', it will give you 2 directories, one with a % and one w/o a %, then just copy those to your psp/game/ directory and you're good to go!
Lego of my Ago!
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

Ok, im REALLY sorry for this next comment because my n00b meter blew up...i thought cygwin was a set of DLLs??? if not, how do i access cygwin from a BAT?

Thanks,
d0
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

well, you should see a cygwin icon on your desktop that will give you a command box. using this you can browse to your directory that you need, then just type 'make'.

cygwin is a linux emulator... for the most part.
Lego of my Ago!
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

oh ok...i didnt have cygwin installed...that would explain a lot :P

Thanks
d0
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

wait is there a way to do it WITHOUT cygwin? like with just BATs?
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Not that I know of... I would just use cygwin.
Lego of my Ago!
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

Hmz.. i was looking at the second post in this thread: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2422 and it mentions nothing of cygwin...but when i type make...nothing
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Surely something happens. Does it build some software? Give an error message? Tell you a dirty limerick?!

QUICK MAN! TELL US OR WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

ok it says 'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
mrdelayer

Post by mrdelayer »

are you typing it into cygwin...?
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

like i said, http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2422 makes no mention of cygwin.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

It makes you kinda wonder why you're posting here instead of there, eh?

Read further in that post and you'll see it mentions cygwin several times and even addresses your problem.
dzer0

Post by dzer0 »

Ok so ive actually got quite far with the sans-cygwin method but when i run make, it includes build.mak just fine but it says make: psp-gcc: Command not found. Ive got PSPSDK envirnonment variable set correctly an everything...

EDIT2: I FINALLY got it working! Turns out i had to put PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path) in my makefile after all.