Call for samples

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

zerocool563

Call for samples

Post by zerocool563 »

First of all, let me say ive been programming C++ for quite a while, not graphicly, but just simple windows apps, no open gl or directx, nuthin fancy nuthin special. When i heard that the sdk was released i got psyched, and started programming again, only to find that all i could program was debug prompt stuff. Now i could use the librarys out there for doing anything graphicly, like in the wab demo, i could use that to fade my text, and draw rectangles etc, but i dont want that, i would rather know how to do it and then take it into my own hands. Now as far as my knowledge goes on how to do this, i know you have to write directly to the vram, ive gotten how to get the location of the vram etc, but beyond that not much. Im sure it would really help the scene as im sure theres tons of programmers out there like me that would really appriciate some simple tutorials, or even fully commented source on exactly how to draw fonts to the screen, how to draw rectangles, shapes w/e and how to draw images, because its easy to just rip someone elses source, id rather learn what im doing then take it into my own hands and expand upon it. any help would be greatly appriciated, thank you very much.

--EDIT--
Also i would love to help with the api listings, could someone tell me how to do that etc, first of all i see alot of functions that ive seen used that arent documented in the api(USB etc) i want to help figure that out cuz the more functions we have, the more fun we have.

http://pspdev.ofcode.com/api.php?type=0
Agoln

Re: Call for samples

Post by Agoln »

zerocool563 wrote:its easy to just rip someone elses source, id rather learn what im doing then take it into my own hands and expand upon it. any help would be greatly appriciated, thank you very much.

--EDIT--
Also i would love to help with the api listings, could someone tell me how to do that etc, first of all i see alot of functions that ive seen used that arent documented in the api(USB etc) i want to help figure that out cuz the more functions we have, the more fun we have.
Ripping from someone else's source is how you learn what others did to solve their problems, then you work out your own solutions.

There are tons of samples in the SDK, just look into those and see what is done. Those are very simple and easy to use.
Lego of my Ago!
zerocool563

Post by zerocool563 »

then i must be missing where in the sdk, all ive seen is the "sdktest" or whichever in the "samples" folder, sorry if im missing sumthin but i had thought i looked around quite a bit for samples.
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

update the sdk. It's old if it doesn't have the samples you are looking for.

http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq
^^should give you a good idea of what to do if you don't know how.
Lego of my Ago!
zerocool563

Post by zerocool563 »

ill try updating it and see if that helps, i didnt know it had been updated, so that could be why, also i understand that faq, i understand how to set up the dev enviroment, compile, put it on the psp, run it, thats no problem for me. its the acctual programming that i strugle with, but whatever, i guess ill check out the updated sdk, and see what i find.
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

subversion (svn) is the version system that we use to keep versions up.

Get svn, and checkout the repository svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/pspsdk
Lego of my Ago!