psp office

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

muha

psp office

Post by muha »

why aren't there any office type homebrew out for the psp? im talkin a notepad, calendar, address book, to-do list, etc. Is there not enough interest in these types of homebrew, or are programmers still lacking the knowledge about the PSP to create one?
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Most probably because without a decent keyboard, office type applications are difficult to use, at best.
I get annoyed entering wep keys via the on-screen-keyboard. I'd have to use one to write a memo, letter, eaasy... Perhaps once the ir keyboard drivers mature or when sony releases theirs.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
ector

Post by ector »

Also, this type of app is very boring to write...
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

I was considering writing one, or at least start to write one, once I get a keyboard program and my IRC to a decent stage.

Writing one of these is very simple, and only basic knowledge of C is required to create at least a contact list/address book. It would be a good start.
Lego of my Ago!
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Agoln wrote:I was considering writing one, or at least start to write one, once I get a keyboard program and my IRC to a decent stage.

Writing one of these is very simple, and only basic knowledge of C is required to create at least a contact list/address book. It would be a good start.
Let me know when you start. I do this for a living. I'm a little behind on my C skills (have been using 6.0 and now .NET, and have been using XML for like forever (in terms of xml's lifespan that is ;)), it's the company standard), but I'm catching up.
muha

Post by muha »

[No software requests]

it was more like a software development idea. i thought thats what this forum was all about. apparently not.
Last edited by muha on Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

As edited.