Any plans for futur PSPSDK "packages" ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

chiwaw

Any plans for futur PSPSDK "packages" ?

Post by chiwaw »

I was wondering if there's any plan for an updated package of the PSPSDK, as the current one (1.0+beta) is getting really dated. I am ashamed to admit that I have a hard time figuring out how to compile the libraries from the SVN source, so I'm currently stuck with the beta releases ...
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

People are not very big on packages around here which can make it hard for the people who don't use subversion a lot. I strongly suggest you spend a bit of time on working out the commands for subversion. It is really easy and will help you keep up to date.

The other option is to use ooPo's toolchain script with the command to just build PSPSDK. This will automatically get the latest subversion version and compile it for you.

The last option is you wait for one of the PSPSDK developers to release a new package. The commits to Subversion have been slowing recently which suggests the core of it is stable and a release should be done soon. However, I can't say when that will happen.

David. aka Oobles.
www.livemedia.com.au/Blog
Warren

Post by Warren »

We've been talking about making a new release soon. About the only real thing that is missing from the SDK at the moment is WLAN support which I am currently working on, but need to complete a few little bits before we can start testing.

I'm hoping we'll have some stuff to test by the end of next week so hopefully we'll be able to do a v1.0 PSP SDK release a week or so after that.

If anyone else has an idea of more things that need fixing or are absent from the SDK, and should be in a v1.0 release please leave a message here.
chiwaw

Post by chiwaw »

Warren wrote: I'm hoping we'll have some stuff to test by the end of next week so hopefully we'll be able to do a v1.0 PSP SDK release a week or so after that.
Oooh. So sweet to my hears :-)

SVN wasn't the problem, as I use Turtoise to easily grab everything. It's more on the build side that for some reason I can't make it work. Something I'm ashame to admit, as I considere myself a vrey good programmer (but a very poor makefile/command line handler). I should thanks Microsoft for spoiling me with their "click-only" projects.

Waiting for that new release with great hopes, good work guys !
Warren

Post by Warren »

Once you download it run:
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install
devpsx

SDK real doc ?

Post by devpsx »

By the way, thanks a lot for everyone working on the pspsdk.

Will there be a more detailled documentation than the doxygen one ?

It is a bit hard to understand how the psp works, and how the libs, especially GU one , connect to its hardware..

Thanks again! ;)
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

devpsx,

take a look at http://wiki.pspdev.org/ if you haven't already, it gives a nice run down on the hardware in general. Still lacks a little on detail, but its a good start.

Jeff.
devpsx

wiki

Post by devpsx »

Thanks Webjeff,

but it doesn't seem really helpfull ..
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

i am working on a hardware fokused documentation.... however, its a long way to go, and its very incomplete at the moment. if you really really want to have a look catch me on irc and i'll send a WIP version.
holger

Post by holger »

don't you want to do this inside the wiki? Then others can join...
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

to be honest, no. i dont like wikis for various reasons, and those few ppl that can provide useful lowlevel info (i dont expect it beeing more than a handful people) can easily do it by other means. for the most part i'm making this doc for myself and my groupmates, and all of us prefer pdf over webpages :)

if you look at the gamecube docs i've maintained before (http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/Yet_Anothe ... umentation) you'll see it worked out quite well.
devpsx

Groepaz doc

Post by devpsx »

This is a great news ! :)

Thanks a lot!
chiwaw

Post by chiwaw »

Any recent news or timeline estimation regarding a new PSPSDK release?

(I know I know, I'm like a kid unable to wait for his christmas gifts) :)
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

Bumpity bumpity bump... any info on the new release?? I cant wait for wifi support :D
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

The "WLAN Support in PSPSDK" thread in this forum is currently discussing the next release.
leenoi

Post by leenoi »

still waiting for new SDK 1.0.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

leenoi wrote:still waiting for new SDK 1.0.
Indeed you are. Thanks for the update.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

just use svn. its not that hard to use it. go run the lastest toolchain, then update it by typing "svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/<dir>"
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...