Would there be any interest in something like this?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ector

Would there be any interest in something like this?

Post by ector »

It's buggy as hell, contains nasty hacks and is missing a lot of sce* functions.
But it kinda works for some pspsdk samples and some various homebrew.
Lots of homebrew crashes for various reasons though.
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~tronic/PSPTexTool.zip Free texture converter for PSP with source. More to come.
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

ARM/Thumb ? :o)

how tied is this to the win32 api? it'd rock to have some kind of opensource emu, even if its "only" highlevel emulation for a while, and even if its incomplete. i would however have no use for it if it'd be windows only :=P
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

You may want to search the forum archives for work done on gxemul (there's a gxemul-psp in SVN that never went anywhere). The code is a bit of a mess, but should be a good starting point. rinco was able to step through certain kernel functions. It would be cool to have something similiar to dreamice where hardware register reads and writes actually went over to the PSP.
ector

Post by ector »

Haha yeah i forgot to hide the arm/thumb option when the current CPU is not an ARM :) It has a basic ARM recompiler and can almost run a couple of gba games too but that part of it sucks...

It's the very beginnings of a "flexible" emu, kind of like MAME, and it's easy to add new systems, cores, memory maps etc.

Anyway the GUI is pure Win32 (I like it! I must be a masochist), though the core is (in theory) portable, I've taken care not to pollute the core with Win32 specific calls. The graphics use OpenGL so that's not a problem.

So if someone wanted to port it to *nix they'd have to write a whole new GUI or compile with Winelib (probably the best alternative).
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~tronic/PSPTexTool.zip Free texture converter for PSP with source. More to come.
webjeff

Regarding your post about the Emu.

Post by webjeff »

Hey

do you have anything I could check out, I would love to test this out and maybe help out a lil. Let me know

Jeff.
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

You may want to search the forum archives for work done on gxemul (there's a gxemul-psp in SVN that never went anywhere). The code is a bit of a mess, but should be a good starting point. rinco was able to step through certain kernel functions. It would be cool to have something similiar to dreamice where hardware register reads and writes actually went over to the PSP.
hehe yeah dreamice was neat...maybe now with the serial stuff we can do something simelar, although it will be dead slow :=P