Australian PSP Firmware

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Mame_Addict

Australian PSP Firmware

Post by Mame_Addict »

Is it possible to run Emulators on the Australian PSP unit? Iv'e been told that the Aussie PSP currently runs firmware 1.52. Im unsure weather to purchase the unit, due to the fact that I myself believe the Australian PSP cannot run these devices. Need feedback please.
yktan

Post by yktan »

As far as I know, if the firmware version is 1.51 or 1.52, it will not be able to run homebrews. However, you can upgrade the firmware to 2.0 and then use a downgrader that is widely available on the net to downgrade it to firmware 1.5.
Mame_Addict

PSP

Post by Mame_Addict »

So what programs are out there which allow the upgrade of the firmware to 2.0? And then downgrading part? And even more interesting .. I believe there are ISO files floating around via the net which allow you to boot via the memory stick. Oh my, Sony must be crying. How on earth does that work? I thought UMD could only be read. How the **** do you extract files from a UMD disk?
sherpya

Post by sherpya »

hmm I think the goal of this forum is not to spread iso of the games around the net...
Mame_Addict

Post by Mame_Addict »

That didn't answer my Q
How do you update to v 2.0 firmware? Then downgrade to allow the use of emulators on the Australian PSP.
f_bohmann

Post by f_bohmann »

mameaddict, how about using a 2.0 firmware update? just as a hint. oh and you might want to use google to find one.