[help!] main argv[0] doesn't include the % in path of eboot?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dev-Express

[help!] main argv[0] doesn't include the % in path of eboot?

Post by Dev-Express »

The main proc doesn't return the '%' contained in the argv[0] folder path to the eboot.pbp in case we use the hide corrupted icons exploit ! Is there a way to get the correct folder path ?
Last edited by Dev-Express on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
weltall

Post by weltall »

that's right as is because the % folder is the fake eboot.pbp you can see it just by comparing file space if you don't put images, music in the eboot you can see that inside the % folder there is a 1kb file if you see in the folder without the % there is a bigger file, so that's the correct folder
Dev-Express

Ok for that, I was aware of this yet, but...

Post by Dev-Express »

The thing I would like to have is the correct path to the right folder in my code cause when system execute the eboot.pbp, is it looking for the faked folder ? Normally, that's the faked eboot that launch our app or not ?... I would like to pass correct path to my app to the sceKernelLoadExec (without being searching for it) function to get my prog reload... Does relative paths like "./MyEboot.pbp" are working with ?
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

Yes, relative paths work fine. Everything goes into the directory *without* the %. The directory with the % is just to make the psp think that the data is valid, then it loads from the other directory.
-ReK