Possibile idea to port MUGEN to PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

MysticWhiteDragon

Possibile idea to port MUGEN to PSP

Post by MysticWhiteDragon »

A lot of people (along with me) want MUGEN for the PSP and I have come upon an idea.

Thor has ported kof91 to the GamePark32 (GP32) which uses the GP32 libraries instead of the Allegro gaming library.
http://www.geocities.com/rtb7/

First is to port the GP32 code into PSP code.
Second is to add zesensei's changes for kof91 to allow mugen stuff (not complete). http://kof91.sf.net/

If I knew how to program I would give it a shot but all I know is what I learned in my intro classes at college. I just thought I might give an idea to those who might want to give it a shot!
MikeDX

Post by MikeDX »

Downloaded KOF91 sources.. will look and let you know how I get on ;)
Duo

Post by Duo »

Everyone I'm sure has thought of this. Mugen is awesome, but isn't it closed source? Elecbyte is down too...
MysticWhiteDragon

Post by MysticWhiteDragon »

Duo:
You're right about it being closed source and elecbyte dissappearing. Zesensei used the kof91 game engine and added some mugen compatibility to it to attempt to make a mugen clone that is open source. And I listed the GP32 port of kof91 due to it using the GP32's graphics since the PSP does not have a port of the allegro library. All that is needed is to make the GP32's kof91 files to PSP compatible.

MikeDX:
Hope that you are successful! If you are please upload both the source code and makefile. I would help, but I have very limited programming skills. Best of luck!
kech

Post by kech »

i made the port for SDL but is still working if you wan the source please tell me

now is working very fast in Win32