Loading PRX's/Raw Reading in C

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

erifash

Loading PRX's/Raw Reading in C

Post by erifash »

I have a few questions, namely what I am trying to accomplish is making a UMD ripper. I would guess that the major steps in doing this would be:

1. Load the PRX to mount the UMD to a drive letter.
2. Open the UMD for raw reading.
3. Read each sector, writing to a file as it goes along (I am assuming sector size is 512 bytes, correct me if I am wrong).
4. Close all the file handles and stuff :)

My main questions about completing this are:
1. How do you use the UMD mounting PRX?
2. How do you raw read from a drive?

If any of you coders have some snippets or even the source code of a UMD ripper (ex: fastloader) that would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be pointed in the right direction because the PSP has a lot of programming potential. Thanks!
AutoIt3 scripter.
erifash

Post by erifash »

Hmmm... I have found the prx sample (testprx) but I can't seem to compile it. Here is the error I get:
L:\CPP\dkp\dkPSP\psp\sdk\samples\prx\testprx>make
psp-gcc -I/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/include/libc -I. -I/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/i
nclude -O2 -G0 -Wall -c -o main.o main.c
psp-build-exports -b exports.exp > exports.c
psp-gcc -I/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/include/libc -I. -I/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/i
nclude -O2 -G0 -Wall -c -o exports.o exports.c
nclude -O2 -G0 -Wall -L. -L/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/lib -specs=/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP
/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-T/l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx main.
o exports.o -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lpsplibc -lpspn
et -lpspnet_inet -lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspke
rnel -o mymodule.elf
l:\cpp\dkp\dkpsp\bin\..\lib\gcc\psp\4.0.2\..\..\..\..\psp\bin\ld.exe: cannot ope
n linker script file /l/CPP/dkp/dkPSP/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx: No such file or
directory
make: *** [mymodule.elf] Error 1
rm exports.c
It is something wrong with my PATH variable, how do I fix this?
AutoIt3 scripter.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Before I even start we do not support iso ripping, iso loading or piracy in general on these forums. There is virtually no legitamate need to rip a raw image of a umd disc except for very specific reasons and even then they are scant at best (and would be purely for tasks which based on your posts I doubt you are yet capable of). There isn't really even much of a reason to just take the files from a umd disc.

Why do you want to make a prx anyway? From what you've said there is no need for using one, it could all be done using a normal user mode elf file. Perhaps you are best off trying the dev forums of pspupdates for info ;)
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Locked.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development