Usb Port Question

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

subbie

Usb Port Question

Post by subbie »

Hey, Has anybody found out a way to use the Usb Port for more then just a data link up to a pc?

I ask because I have heavly wanted to get some sort of a rumble pack running on the psp. I finaly found someone willing to build the hardware for me but I am wondering where I would need to go to build a way for the psp to comunicate. I know the psp usb port was ment to be flexable but there is probably no drivers for using it any other way.

So any info would be helpful to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
subbie

Post by subbie »

Sorry to spam a little but does anybody know? Any info would be helpful since I am very serious about this (as I am with my other projects).

I think a small rumble pack via the usb port would be an amazing addition for homebrew. Maybe even move sony to make their own for comercial use (providing they can get over that license dispute over duelshock).
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

The peripheral needs to use a usb host chip. Beyond that, look at the USB spec to understand how usb works, and psplink may be about the best example of writing a custom usb interface.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
subbie

Post by subbie »

Drakonite wrote:The peripheral needs to use a usb host chip. Beyond that, look at the USB spec to understand how usb works, and psplink may be about the best example of writing a custom usb interface.
Thanks. I forgot about looking into psplink as it used the usb port.