SDL prx giving me 0x8002013C

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

bulb

SDL prx giving me 0x8002013C

Post by bulb »

Hi,

I have 3.30 OE. I want to use SDL in my prx, but it is always giving me SCE_KERNEL_ERROR_LIBRARY_NOTFOUND error. I have built one of the test SDL programs using the build system of tyranid's template prx.

When I build the same program as kxploit PBP and put it in GAME150, it works. Also, template prx (Hello World) works as well, so I believe I am not having any compile/build/psplinkusb issues.

Do I have to load some special prx before loading SDL prx? I have loaded flash0:/vsh/module/vshmain.prx, but it still failed with the same error.

Next, I've inspected SDL_psp_main.c that is linked to the application. The weird thing is that it is configured to run in kernel mode (I believe someone should correct that). I have changed that to the user mode and rebuilt the entire SDL. It didn't help. I have also changed the name in the PSP_MODULE_INFO macro to reflect the binary name with no success.

Any hints what I might be missing?

Thank you,
B.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Yes you are very much correct, it does build it in kernel mode cause of the age of the code. In all likelyhood it is just down to the fact that something in SDL trys to pull in kernel libraries which are obviously not there in user mode. It probably really should be sorted out cause it really isn't necessary anymore (it was questionable whether it was ever needed :P)

Hmm of course do you really need to incluse libSDLmain.a which I can only guess you are doing? You should be able to implement your out main function and dump all the existing SDL kernel crap.
bulb

Post by bulb »

Tyranid,

Yes, I know about the age of the code - it was last updated on December 2005! :)

Actually I was linking directly SDL_psp_main.c, because I didn't want to rebuild SDL every time I change something in that file. Now, I removed everything (update thread creation, etc.), having very simple main() and suddenly it loads and executes! Although it soon fails with Bus error exception. I have probably removed too much. :)