Delaying XMB load

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Slash

Delaying XMB load

Post by Slash »

Is there a way to delay the load of XMB in a plugin? I mean, let the plugin finish its work before letting the XMB to load?
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

Suspend VSHmain thread then resume[when needed].
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
Slash

Post by Slash »

KickinAezz wrote:Suspend VSHmain thread then resume[when needed].
Thanks but how do you suspend it? I can suspend my own plugin thread but that also suspends the following modules.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

If you don't necesarily need a thread, you can always do all your stuff in the module start, the next module will not be loaded until yours.

If you really need a separate thread, you could use the sctrlHENSetStartModuleHandler, and wait until vsh_module loaded using synchronization functions such as semaphores, event flags, etc
Slash

Post by Slash »

moonlight wrote:If you don't necesarily need a thread, you can always do all your stuff in the module start, the next module will not be loaded until yours.

If you really need a separate thread, you could use the sctrlHENSetStartModuleHandler, and wait until vsh_module loaded using synchronization functions such as semaphores, event flags, etc
Thanks a lot man! That was really a great help! I didn't know semaphores until now. Thanks again!

This solves my problem. All I have to do now is to load the module sceUtility_driver for the timezone. Can you tell me the safest way to load that module? I want to load that module before my plugin ends. And is it safe to load it early knowing it might be loaded again before the VSH loads up?

Thanks in advance! :)