Battery Charging + Wifi

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

codes02

Battery Charging + Wifi

Post by codes02 »

On my TA-82 psp, prior to downgrading to 1.50, the battery charged while wifi was active. On 1.50, however this was disabled. It seems, looking through old posts that there was a limitation of early psp's that made this happen.

Now, on 3.71 m33, running the 3.71 ipl, my battery still refuses to charge while the wifi chip is active.

Does anyone know if the 1.50 firmware / ipl modifies the battery in some way to make this ocour? Or does something else cause this??
weltall

Post by weltall »

if i remember correctly you need to fix your idstorage...
codes02

Post by codes02 »

Well, I have heard that people with older psp's could modify their id storage to make this possible, but I am pretty sure that that hack is not neccisary on ta-82's, as they are normally able to do this.

Or perhaps you mean to restore my original idstorage, implying that it may still be corrupted? (I'll look into this...)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The key in question is key 6. Old downgraders copied key 5 into key 6 as part of the way they modified the idstorage to run 1.50. It turns out they didn't need to do that, but something was discovered by accident - copying key 5 into key 6 changed the behavior of the battery system. The most significant difference is that you can charge the battery while using wifi. Putting key 6 back to the way it normally is makes the PSP go back to original behavior of not allowing charging while the wifi is active. I know several people who have since copied key 5 back into key 6 because they prefer that behavior over the negative aspects (PSP won't turn on with less than ~12% charge).
codes02

Post by codes02 »

Hmmm... are you sure? I would have sworn that before mucking my idstorage / downgrading I was able to charge with wifi active.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

codes02 wrote:Hmmm... are you sure? I would have sworn that before mucking my idstorage / downgrading I was able to charge with wifi active.
99.99% sure. There's a lot of posts on this in the KeyCleaner and IdStorage Manager threads at MC, and in some posts over at lan.st on it. Key 6 DOES have settings for the power management, including the battery levels that control the PSP power saving software, among other things. Given the number of people I've personally PM'd back and forth with who report charging + wifi with "broken" key 6 and no charging + wifi after fixing the keys that it seems to be the case. By the way, the method they were using to "break" the keys was just the idstoragechanger app included with the original 2.80 downgrader. That copies key 5 into key 6, copies key 4 into key 5, and clears key 4.