psplibraries install problem on linux [SOLVED]

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

aliander

psplibraries install problem on linux [SOLVED]

Post by aliander »

Hi there!

I also posted this at psp-hacks.com, but for some kind of reason nobody seems the have an answer to this issue... so, well hope someone here can help me out of this

I got pspToolchain up and running yesterday night (with some makefile hacking part, caused by makeinfo version check -> got 4.11 and >4.2 needed, so the regex 4.[2-9] of course didn't worked). but now I'm stuck with the pspLibraries.

some do compile just well, but some don't, so here I am:

libogg and libvorbis don't do, so seems to be some sound or just ogg vorbis lib related thingie...

output:

Code: Select all

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.24, ltmain.sh = 1.5.6) ***

Please run:

libtoolize --copy --force
well, running libtoolize --copy --force and finishing the build-script manually gives me this:
I have to run autogen as next (stepping through the script)
# LDFLAGS="-L$(psp-config --pspsdk-path)/lib -lc -lpspuser" ./autogen.sh --host psp --prefix=$(psp-config --psp-prefix)

but this finishes with:

Code: Select all

checking host system type... Invalid configuration `psp': machine `psp' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub psp failed
where do I have to define that?
also I wonder why the other packages (eveyone except libvorbis and libogg) do compile...

Well, hoping for hints
Ali
Last edited by aliander on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

It looks like libtoolize has copied over the config.sub file, which contains information about the 'psp' machine type. You should be able to do a 'svn revert config.sub' or grab the config.sub from another build directory and use that.
aliander

Post by aliander »

k, thx

will try this as soon as I'm back home from work

Ali
aliander

Post by aliander »

hi there again!

well, I tried reverting, but without success. svn just skipped config.sub - don't know why.
so I did a complete new checkout of psplibraries and kicked out every script, but libvorbis and libogg.

but this also didn't helped...

thx in advance
Ali
jsharrad

Post by jsharrad »

That error only happens in Gentoo from what I've seen. I just get past it by editing the ltmain.sh and bumping the version variable up to 1.5.24 and doing those steps of the psplibraries script manually. It aint pretty, but it works. ;)
aliander

Post by aliander »

yeah!
thanks!

didn't looked into that one...

thanks again!
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

I can report that psplibraries works great in KUbuntu 7.04 and KUbuntu 7.10

Maybe offtopic, but completely related to psplibraries: I had to manually softlink the build dirs to the directory where I keep the psptoolchain trunk to stop it redownloading stuff, which makes it a lot easier to update everything at once. I really believe we should keep the same directory structure for the repository and psplibraries

I also believe that using make clean everywhere does not help to improve rercompilation times, so I killed it.

So I have a diff against trunk psplibraries for that, so i can keep updating it (ie. getting the smpeg new stuff) and still have reasonable compilation times and the repository directory scheme.