SoundInLua Applications-Lua was born here in Rio de Janeiro

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

sdfnanderson

SoundInLua Applications-Lua was born here in Rio de Janeiro

Post by sdfnanderson »

Comment here How to use sounds with the LUA interpreter for playstation 2, mp3files, waves, singing birds, crashes, bangs and another things (if I remember games uses It).
Do you know where lua was born? I Know!! here, in Rio de Janeiro, on the TECGRAF LABS IN THE PUC UNIVERSITY. I Will try to contact the "fathers of the moon" LUA(is in my dear brazilian portuguese language) and talk about our project for LUA PLAYSTATION. And I can try to be a partner here, in Brazil, for the OUR LUA language.
========================================
First, look this:
Lua Player supports sound in WAV format and music in the MOD formats UNI, IT, XM, S3M, MOD, MTM, STM, DSM, MED, FAR, ULT and 669 (use Google to find some editors for it and perhaps some music files, but ask the composer, if you are allowed to use it).
Playing a music is easy: For example to play the file “stranglehold.xm” (composed by Jeroen Tel, (C) 1995 Maniacs of Noise) from the Snake game (Jeroen has allowed to use it in this game), which is included in the standard distribution with Lua Player, just call “Music.playFile(”stranglehold.xm”, true)”. If you specify “false” instead of “true”, the sound will not loop. Call “Music.stop()” to stop the music.
For WAV files first you load the file like with Images: “explode = Sound.load(”explode.wav”)”. Later you can call “explode:play()” to play the music.
Extracted from the excellent tutorial hosted in the site
http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:tutorial

And using LuaGL? How do I do this?
now, we will comment details about it!!!
KawaGeo

Post by KawaGeo »

sdfnanderson wrote:And using LuaGL? How do I do this?
now, we will comment details about it!!!
LuaGL for Windows console is about to brew! I am still working on it. It will be announced very soon. The first release will include all functions required for the first few chapters of OpenGL Programming Guide (Redbook) to try some exercises in Lua. So, stand by and watch for the announcement.
Geo Massar
Retired Engineer